{} The Empty Set

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
KVRist
291 posts since 18 May, 2021

Post Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:58 am

I've been plugging away on the last details of my upcoming release, Space Above Theory. The minor fixes at the end always seem the hardest.

Meanwhile here's a little something to tide you over. I was feeling nostalgic about my raver days, and decided to do a dance(ish) album a few years ago. I know this forum is not for DJ mixes, but I wrote every note in this piece so I thought it may be okay? If not, mods feel free to scold me however you see fit. I wrote the 15 tracks separately then mixed them together.

https://soundcloud.com/cometonaught/the-empty-set

Separate Tracks:

https://soundcloud.com/cometonaught/sets/the-empty-set
eassae.com
Audius | SoundCloud | NAUGHT
"Arts and crafts have been canceled due to poor taste"—Bill Murray, Meatballs

KVRian
761 posts since 3 Jul, 2017

Post Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:04 am

The section around min 50 I like best - not my stuff usually, but thanks for sharing.

KVRian
1308 posts since 23 Nov, 2018 from Birmingham, UK

Post Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:10 am

Some very interesting musical moments in there...especially melodically and in terms of texture for me.

Mix-wise it's all a bit 'over pumping' for my tastes...might just be the dominant nature of the kick maybe? Only so much 4 on the floor "dunk, dunk, dunk, dunk" I can take at one time! :)

Very favourite bit for me (yeah I did listen to it all whilst typing a doc) was the section from 56 mins onwards - fabulous delicate, cinematic texture followed by some great melodic fragments.
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:29 am

htcnext2 wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:04 am
The section around min 50 I like best - not my stuff usually, but thanks for sharing.
Thanks for listening :tu:
eassae.com

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:33 am

ChameleonMusic wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:10 am
Some very interesting musical moments in there...especially melodically and in terms of texture for me.

Mix-wise it's all a bit 'over pumping' for my tastes...might just be the dominant nature of the kick maybe? Only so much 4 on the floor "dunk, dunk, dunk, dunk" I can take at one time! :)

Very favourite bit for me (yeah I did listen to it all whilst typing a doc) was the section from 56 mins onwards - fabulous delicate, cinematic texture followed by some great melodic fragments.
Yeah, the 4 on the floor was even a lot for me by the end of the album, so I totally get it. My love, and stamina, for it in the past was aided by chemistry.
eassae.com

Return to “Music Cafe”