Korg Collection 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KORG Collection

nordickvr wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:39 am Will the installer let you install just some synths or force you to install them all (à la IK)?
The Korg installer question has been answered. It's correct that you pick and choose what you want.

But, a bit off-topic, the IK product installer allows you to install one licensed product, or sound collection, at a time. I think maybe you are referring to something like SampleTank 4 that has a vast amount of instruments and sound libraries inside of "one" product.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

matamoris wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:16 pm
Watchful wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:40 pm ED, you know I'm going to say the DW-8000 plugin needs to arrive before the DSS-1! :)

I think the Trinity is a good idea. I do agree the DSS-1 is a monster (even though 12-bit), but not sure how Korg would be able to handle/include the thousands of samples that are out there for it, the way they did for the other digital synths. I mean, yeah, they'd draw the line somewhere, but taking on the DSS-1 would be a major endeavor.

The DS-8 should be an easy one to knock off, though.
Agreed, the Trinity sounds so much better than the Triton, IMO. Also, many of the DSS-1 samples ended up in the M1. So, how about adding the DSS-1 filter as an optional filter type to the M1 plugin?
It wouldn't be the same thing, as the DSS-1/DSM-1 were samplers (which means they allowed to use your own sounds) while the M1 is a closed platform, where you can only use the sounds of the ROMs.

But developing a sampler would mean an extra burden for Korg, as they would have to develop extra screens for assembling sample maps, eventually a sample editor, and they would have to allow several external sample and sample map formats to load (I can already see people asking for SF2 support, SFZ support, FLAC support, etc.).

I Doubt they are willing to take that extra mile.
Fernando (FMR)

I have noticed that some of the combis in Triton Extreme don't play all of their programs. For example if I select the first combi (The Piano) it lists...

- program 1 - Concert Grand (played on low velocities)
- program 2 - Concert Grand (played on high velocities)
- program 3 - Orchestra & Ethnic (no sound)
- program 4 - House Kit (no sound)

Program 1 and 2 play fine but I cannot get programs 3 and 4 to make a sound. I looked in combi settings and they appear to be on and have volume set quite high and key mapping looks fine but they stay silent. The individual programs play fine when played in PROG mode.

Can anyone help? Thanks

ZincT wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:33 pm I have noticed that some of the combis in Triton Extreme don't play all of their programs. For example if I select the first combi (The Piano) it lists...

- program 1 - Concert Grand (played on low velocities)
- program 2 - Concert Grand (played on high velocities)
- program 3 - Orchestra & Ethnic (no sound)
- program 4 - House Kit (no sound)

Program 1 and 2 play fine but I cannot get programs 3 and 4 to make a sound. I looked in combi settings and they appear to be on and have volume set quite high and key mapping looks fine but they stay silent. The individual programs play fine when played in PROG mode.

Can anyone help? Thanks
They are set to accept input from different midi channels

SirKen wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:36 pm They are set to accept input from different midi channels
Thank you. Doh! :dog: Didn't notice the MIDI tab, lol.

Korg combis have always typically been multi-timbral. Nice feature! My old Korg workstation was capable of being a multi-timbral sound module when used either with the internal sequencer, or an external one via MIDI.

zzz00m wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:47 pm Korg combis have always typically been multi-timbral. Nice feature! My old Korg workstation was capable of being a multi-timbral sound module when used either with the internal sequencer, or an external one via MIDI.
Thanks, yes it's a very nice feature especially with the relatively high quality of sounds for the time. I have never owned any Korg hardware, but the last multi-timbral module I owned was a Roland CM-64 which is going back further than I care to remember :wink:

zzz00m wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:30 pm
nordickvr wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:39 am Will the installer let you install just some synths or force you to install them all (à la IK)?
But, a bit off-topic, the IK product installer allows you to install one licensed product, or sound collection, at a time. I think maybe you are referring to something like SampleTank 4 that has a vast amount of instruments and sound libraries inside of "one" product.
When installing e.g. Tape Machine Collection, all T-RackS 5 FXs were installed on my system.
This is what I was talking about.
Should have been more specific since those are not instruments...

I have always been really interested in the Korg products but am wary. I have DIva and want Repro and the TAL synths before I test it otherwise.

Elbenderman wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:38 pm I have always been really interested in the Korg products but am wary. I have DIva and want Repro and the TAL synths before I test it otherwise.
FWIW, the original Korg collection has been in the marketplace for many many years now. I think fifteen years or more. Not as long as TAL, but longer than Diva and Repro.

Sequent wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:58 pm
Elbenderman wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:38 pm I have always been really interested in the Korg products but am wary. I have DIva and want Repro and the TAL synths before I test it otherwise.
FWIW, the original Korg collection has been in the marketplace for many many years now. I think fifteen years or more. Not as long as TAL, but longer than Diva and Repro.
Yes, and the latest Collection 3 includes a scalable GUI for all synths. A long awaited feature, and the primary reason I stayed far away from the original Korg Collection v1 and their tiny GUI.

I have Repro, and can say that is a must have if you like the analog Prophet sound. I have the demo of Diva, and it is quite excellent, and is a capable synth for emulating a wider variety of analog synths, with mix and/or match oscillators and filter types, rather then emulating a specific synth model.

As far as the Korg collection goes, the ARP Odyssey, miniKorg, MS-20, Mono/Poly, and the Polysix are analog emulations. The rest are virtual recreations of Korg's most popular digital synths. And they were all created by the original manufacturer, so that says something. All very well done!
Last edited by zzz00m on Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nordickvr wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:39 pm
When installing e.g. Tape Machine Collection, all T-RackS 5 FXs were installed on my system.
This is what I was talking about.
Should have been more specific since those are not instruments...
That's the best excuse to go ahead and collect all of the T-RackS modules, or T-RackS MAX!

T-RackS will install all of the modules, hoping that you will demo the ones missing from your collection. You can rename the individual plugins in your plugins folder, or hide them from your plugin scan path to avoid having them listed.

At least with AmpliTube, IK decided it would be smart to include a button to only show your owned gear. IMO T-Racks should offer the same!

zzz00m wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:01 pmAs far as the Korg collection goes, only the ARP Odyssey, the MS-20, and the Polysix are analog emulations.
You forgot Mono/Poly and miniKorg.

EvilDragon wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:13 pm
zzz00m wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:01 pmAs far as the Korg collection goes, only the ARP Odyssey, the MS-20, and the Polysix are analog emulations.
You forgot Mono/Poly and miniKorg.
Thank you Mr Wiki. I forgot to add those in my rush to respond. You are correct! Post fixed!

I was looking at this last night oddly enough and was thinking about it on Splice, but then I own the M1 and after listening to demos of the others, I don't think I need it, but none the less, the ARP odessey does appeal to me, something about that sound that I like.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Return to “Instruments”