Film Scoring with Rapid Composer

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey, did this as a test actually.. New hardware and settings, so, had to push the limits.

But, I did a guide on how I set up and use RC for producing compositions for video. Basically, I set up "interest" points in the video and map the composition around that.

anyways.. check it out, need feedback on the video quality and play back.. (you can ignore my performance, though lol)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDjWwc624pw

The beta VST has been updated with a fix that when you click in the host, the play cursor moves to the clicked location in the VST. This gives pretty much pin point accuracy when you need it.

If you have the beta, roll back a version then click to check for the update. It's the same beta number as now, so, that is the only way to get it, unless you ask for a link from Atilla.

Superb video Gene. I can see why the synch of the playhead is so useful when lining up in both apps. Good call getting that fixed.
Sorry to hear of your losses. Let's hope the future gets brighter.

Cheers. Mike.

Great video! Thanks, BluGenes! :tu:
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

So, I am in the middle of switching to a new video editor, DaVinci Resolve. (It's free as well). As it turns out, this editor also supports using VST audio plugins. I happened to look at the audio page, and RC is listed in the plugin page!

I still haven't got to the audio mixer part of this software. I must admit, if you are into making videos, this software just rocks! Fair warning though, the manual is over 3600 pages long.

I just updated to 17.4 and it has some really cool audio updates. It now supports VST3, not just VST. So, like I said, I haven't even touched the audio portion of this software, but, it looks like it has a full blown built in DAW.

It is geared more towards Apple, but, runs great on Windows 10.

This is just some of the new stuff in it.. the yellow box stuff is what really peaked my interest, especially looks helpful for YouTube videos..

I don't mind adding more DAWS to my toolbox, so, this one may be nice too..

Return to “MusicDevelopments”