An Invitation to Soundpaint

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

still - having a 44GB sound library just to add a layer feels excessive :)

Ploki wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:38 pm still - having a 44GB sound library just to add a layer feels excessive :)
You don't know orchestral sample libraries that well then.
That's 8Dio's background and 44GB is not a big deal in that world.
This is a sample player so of course they are going to offer deep sampled libraries.
Strange thing to complain about.

Yes but it’s a synth not an orchestra, and modern VAs just do it good to the point of pretty much everybody failing blind tests.

I see no point in using 44gb synth samples when we have so many good VAs.

And even then, i’d hoped that we had better modelled strings by now.
Wivi had a good thing going with brass but unfortunately it died. That’s another story tho.

It's a sampler so VA is irrelevant in this context.
They are looking to create a new sample engine, not create a new VA synth.
They already have sample libraries which in total consist of multiple terabytes.
That is the context here.
Is it worthwhile creating such a large sample set of a synth?
No idea, but the concept makes sense in this context.

Ploki wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:38 pm still - having a 44GB sound library just to add a layer feels excessive :)
It seems you have found your way into the wrong thread. This topic in not about VA synths... :dog:

Huge sample libraries and their sample players are completely different, and have a very established place for orchestral and film/TV composers.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

He got a point. Im also wondering why you should get a sample pack instead of a full vat which costs less and where you can make all sounds? Tweak patches etc?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

The Jupiter sounds amazing. At the moment that's the only thing I'd want. $80 is a pretty good price.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Robmobius wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:14 pm The Jupiter sounds amazing. At the moment that's the only thing I'd want. $80 is a pretty good price.
The standard edition is only $30 and is only 18.62 GB. It doesn't include the round robins, but has all the samples and presets of the UDS version.

zzz00m wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:07 pm
It seems you have found your way into the wrong thread. This topic in not about VA synths... :dog:

Huge sample libraries and their sample players are completely different, and have a very established place for orchestral and film/TV composers.
He needs to watch some Christian Henson and Junkie XL videos. Christian has a Mac Pro with 384GB of RAM and probably petabytes of SSD storage!

Caine123 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:12 pm He got a point. Im also wondering why you should get a sample pack instead of a full vat which costs less and where you can make all sounds? Tweak patches etc?
Again, wrong thread...

This is the "Instruments" thread. Not the VA synth VST thread.
Last edited by zzz00m on Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tony10000 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:18 pm
Robmobius wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:14 pm The Jupiter sounds amazing. At the moment that's the only thing I'd want. $80 is a pretty good price.
The standard edition is only $30 and is only 18.62 GB. It doesn't include the round robins, but has all the samples and presets of the UDS version.
Can't go wrong for 30 bucks!
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

zzz00m wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:07 pm

are you saying this should be in the samples forum?
get a mod to move it. :)

Ploki wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:45 pm Yes but it’s a synth not an orchestra, and modern VAs just do it good to the point of pretty much everybody failing blind tests.

I see no point in using 44gb synth samples when we have so many good VAs.

And even then, i’d hoped that we had better modelled strings by now.
Wivi had a good thing going with brass but unfortunately it died. That’s another story tho.
Hear, hear. 44GB of even MORE synth samples is a waste of time. Who actually uses samples of synths nowadays? Why would you? The Jupiter 8 isn't actually THAT 'amazing', despite the fact that everybody and his dog seem to be telling us how 'incredible' and rare it is. There are so many fantastic synth VSTs that you can actually EDIT, unlike the samples in Soundpaint.

Soundpaint has been a massive let down to so many people, I think. I think most of the replies that the teaser videos got were nearer the mark. I don't see a huge thread on here from recent buyers telling us how great it is.

Robmobius wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:30 am
tony10000 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:18 pm
Can't go wrong for 30 bucks!
It depends how many presets it has. What if it only has ten presets - bear in mind that it isn't a SYNTH so you can't edit those samples very much.
ps in what way does Juniper 8 sound 'amazing'? It sounds nowhere near as good as loads of other synth VSTs. Listen to 'Peter's Mindblowing Bank' on Zebra 2 (free from the U-HE website) - blows anything else you've heard from Juniper 8 out of the water.

Return to “Instruments”