Is Fender Collection 2’s Super Reverb superior to Collection 1’s other blackface amps?

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I’m trying to decide whether to get Fender Collection 1 or 2 in the IK group buy. There are many stuff I’d like to pick up, so I’d rather get only one Fender Collection.

I tried the Super Reverb in Fender Collection 2 long ago, so I cannot try it again to compare with Fender Collection 1 now. For a blackface kind of clean tone, would you say the Super Reverb in Collection 2 is superior to those in 1 as it came out later with probably better modeling? Now that they have all been revised a bit in AmpliTube 5 I’m not sure if they have all been brought to the same level.
Peace, my friends. I'm not seeking arguments here. ;)

One person's opinion:

The Super Reverb in Fender 2 is my favorite Amplitube amp and I rarely use collection 1 anymore. To remove option anxiety, I pretty much stick with the Super Reverb for clean and the Red Pig for crunch sounds despite having so much other gear available. I'm recently on 5 through the Group Buy and haven't back-tested all the other Fender amps again.

I would also choose Fender 2. I have both.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

I guess I'm getting Fender 2 then. I think I like the Bandmaster there, too.

IK Multimedia Fender 2 Collection US $119.99 - €101.73 - £105.65 for those with no JamPoints.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251772229974 ... SwaEhZH8oc

Amplitube 5 at 199 seems more cost effective if you have a qualifying cross-grade product, purchase 200 Gear Credits using JamPoints for 112.
p_wats wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:35 pm Yes. It's the initial price of the product, not the price after jampoints, etc. I did the same thing and got in at the $199 tier for only $112 after using jampoints to buy gear credits.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

The Noodlist wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:29 am IK Multimedia Fender 2 Collection US $119.99 - €101.73 - £105.65 for those with no JamPoints.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251772229974 ... SwaEhZH8oc

Amplitube 5 at 199 seems more cost effective if you have a qualifying cross-grade product, purchase 200 Gear Credits using JamPoints for 112.
p_wats wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:35 pm Yes. It's the initial price of the product, not the price after jampoints, etc. I did the same thing and got in at the $199 tier for only $112 after using jampoints to buy gear credits.
That's actually my plan. :) It's just that I was deciding whether to get Fender 1 or 2 as the free stuff. I'm getting only one because there are too many other things that I also want to pick as free stuff.

Too bad my price in the IK Store is € though, €112 is like $132 -- a $20 difference there. :(

Return to “Guitars”