[video] Instantly Make your Sata HDD Write Faster in win10

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Follow these simple instructions and have fun.

https://youtu.be/QaR195r7bzY
Last edited by kingozrecords on Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

OK, simple enough to start a service. You didn't need to make a video for that (already available since 5 years) but this video imho fails to explain anything.

But what does it exactly do in return of eating CPU cycles in the background? Why is it beneficial? Are you sure it makes it write faster? What considerations are there to have it run or not for SSD drives?

And what about PATA & SCSI? ;-)
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:48 am OK, simple enough to start a service. You didn't need to make a video for that (already available since 5 years) but this video imho fails to explain anything.

But what does it exactly do in return of eating CPU cycles in the background? Why is it beneficial? Are you sure it makes it write faster? What considerations are there to have it run or not for SSD drives?

And what about PATA & SCSI? ;-)
Sure, why not just spend another thousand dollars for a new system instead of turning on a service (rare to find scsi and it gains nothing for the user and you would stilll need to turn on the drive optimization service to get the most out of it, duh)? Why not just make your own amazing videos? Why not just shine for us all and show us something amazing that we didn't know, that costs us no money because everyone's so damned broke because of a worldwide pandemic?

Show us all!

It uses no cpu, has no effect on ssd and everybody just guesses about what it does. My guess is that it has something to do with file integrity and ssd compatibility. I imagine that earlier in windows 10 creation, they wanted to add ssd compatibility but realized that early ssd's and motherboards without file cache write could potentially break at the older faster speeds. This service afterall has been around since NT. My guess is they turned it off by default due to the fact that there were so many ssd's without cache/ram chips installed. You know in windows 7 when you select optimize drive for faster performance (requires safe removal). Same thing.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”