Reason 12 is here

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:16 pm On a musician's forum full of people who know shit about these kind of things? Oh please. ;)

Well, newsflash for you: Reason Studios is not the multi billion corporation you may think it is.
Tell us how much they're worth then. Or are you just full of shit?

I can temp lock this
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

No need to Hink. I'm done here. Not worth my time.

chk071 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 1:38 pm Reason Studios run a 33% off sale at the moment: https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/brow ... &sort=name

Pretty good prices.
Grumbleweed wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:13 pm
jens wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:09 pm That makes the Update to R12 about the same as it was before the price hike...
That's what I thought and immediately lost interest. Silly money.

Grum.
Only a few hours left :neutral:

I consider upgrading my full version 10 ,.. but was planning for a later date

Main purpose is using the latest rack + combinator funcktions with new BV-X + a few more in S1

Sales often apears before a new release ,.. so some Q's:

1. Will there likely be an simular intro-discount on version 13 ?
2. When is version 13 release to be expected ?
3. What news is to be expected in version 13 ?
4. Will the new BV-X vocoder likely be discounted any time soon ?
HM

I don't think anyone knows, (probably not even the devs) you may get better info on the reason forum…there is a roadmap but to be honest development is really slow in my opinion (unlike say Bitwig with a couple of significant updates every year) and again, in my opinion they are not really updating the core DAW, just adding more toys which is OK but not essential…
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 8:39 am I don't think anyone knows, (probably not even the devs) you may get better info on the reason forum…there is a roadmap but to be honest development is really slow in my opinion (unlike say Bitwig with a couple of significant updates every year) and again, in my opinion they are not really updating the core DAW, just adding more toys which is OK but not essential…
Thanks,

In the end I choose to upgrade for the reduced price, and will see if BV-X goes on sale later,..
HM

Since version 10 they've added the Reason Rack Plugin, The Sweeper Modulation Effect, the Channel Effects as Rack Extensions, The Quartet Chorus Ensemble Device, Automation Curves, Draw in Multiple Notes in Clip edit mode, the Updated Combinator(which is awesome BTW), the Mimic Creative Sampler, a complete graphic overhaul to support High Res Graphics, a much faster browser, thousands of new combinator and soundbank patches, an updated Regroove Mixer, improved overall performance, and several new Players. And keep in mind that just six months before version 10 was released they opened up their completely closed off ecosystem to VST's which was a huge undertaking. I'd argue the last 4 or 5 years have been pretty active as far as development goes for Reason Studios. Certainly worth the upgrade from 10 in my view.
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

jjpscott01 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:37 am Since version 10 they've added the Reason Rack Plugin, The Sweeper Modulation Effect, the Channel Effects as Rack Extensions, The Quartet Chorus Ensemble Device, Automation Curves, Draw in Multiple Notes in Clip edit mode, the Updated Combinator(which is awesome BTW), the Mimic Creative Sampler, a complete graphic overhaul to support High Res Graphics, a much faster browser, thousands of new combinator and soundbank patches, an updated Regroove Mixer, improved overall performance, and several new Players.
It depends on what do you see as the focus of the software. If you follow their claim "Reason is the rack" - then a big YES. It's all about devices and tools. But if you want a "modern", comfortable and feature packed production environment (read: sequencer enhancements and convenience features), then you are out of luck here. But at least you can move on and take your favorite devices with you as Rack Plugin.
jjpscott01 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:37 am And keep in mind that just six months before version 10 was released they opened up their completely closed off ecosystem to VST's which was a huge undertaking.
Rumor has it that the program code for it had been in the poison cabinet for years. Hence "only" VST2.

I made Reason my main DAW at version 6 after they added Record into the main program and never looked back. I bought 12 on release day and couldn't be happier.

Grumbleweed wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:13 pm
jens wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:09 pm That makes the Update to R12 about the same as it was before the price hike...
That's what I thought and immediately lost interest. Silly money.

Grum.
60% off upgrading now! Sucks if you bought it last month.
Umming and ahhing about jumping in and getting it but it's not an essential purchase and times are hard at the moment :cry:

Grum.

Even I couldn't resist this time... (~65€ for me)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Yes, I too saw the 60% off and grabbed the upgrade.
which clearly means reason 13 is probably about to come out soon with my luck.. sigh :)
rsp
sound sculptist

Which then is another chance for us to vote with our wallet (depending on how tempting the update will be, of course). ;-)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

The blog update strongly implies to me that VST3 will be Reason 13.
Having fixed the issues in Reason 12, we are now working full throttle on VST3 support.
So update to 12 not looking very tempting.

No, it does not imply that at all, I think.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”