Reason 12 is here

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EnochLight wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 9:53 pm
machinesworking wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 7:52 pm IMO it's pretty messy as a DAW, and that's not on Apple users or the Rack plug in, they had 15 years to make it amazing, and it's not.
You’re on crack. Reason DAW is magnificent.
Haha! You should work as a spokesperson for Reason Studios.

Trancit wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 4:21 pm ...
Nonetheless you Mac users have forced again (and again and again) to waste quite some time of developing power because of staying with a silly OS system which forces software to be "rewritten" over and over again because of the "Apple games"...
I understand your frustration and it looks like that when you don't really understand the industry. But you have to take into account these points:

1 - mac compatibility issue are only due to apple silicon.
2 - apple silicon is nothing more than the move of apple from cisc cpu architecture to risc architecture.
3 - A lot of marker in the industry are clearly showing that Microsoft is planning the same move. (Like this one:
https://www.windowslatest.com/2023/04/3 ... indows-12/
)
4 - Microsoft was actually the first to try the move, before apple, 13 years ago, with Windows RT.
5 - this move is complex and absolutely require a rewiring of code, no way arround it.
6 - this move is beneficial, risc is the way to go forward, coax is in a corner now, with no capacity to further reduce the cpu print size, new ways of improvement need to be found to further improve power and efficiency.

So basically, wait a bit, and prepare for the same problem with Windows.

no_barcode wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 11:32 pm
machinesworking wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 7:52 pm IMO it's pretty messy as a DAW, and that's not on Apple users or the Rack plug in, they had 15 years to make it amazing, and it's not.
Haha! You should work as a spokesperson for Reason Studios.
Well I don't know if the RRP is amazing, what I know is I have a shit ton of premium plugins and still I am using it every single day...

no_barcode wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 11:32 pm Haha! You should work as a spokesperson for Reason Studios.
Nah, I make too much money in my current profession as a high school janitor.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 12:08 am
no_barcode wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 11:32 pm Haha! You should work as a spokesperson for Reason Studios.
Nah, I make too much money in my current profession as a high school janitor.
You and me, EL, you and me.

:lol: and you’re on LSD if you think Reasons timeline is magnificent! OK OK I jumped from 2.5 to 10 more than a decade later and it doesn’t stand out as anywhere near as fluid or UX oriented as the other 5 DAWs on my computer but I’ll give it another shot, might have to take some mescaline first.

What I love the most about Reason is their Balance interface. Still got two of them, unused. Probably unusable even. But I loooooove ‘em.

I loved Reason for being an enclosed environment in 2001 or so that never crashed and rewired into DP or Logic with enough instruments and FX to write entire songs in the box with a measly 400mhz G4. Reason is the main program that made me realize hardware wasn’t necessary. I will always love it for that.

machinesworking wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 5:16 am I loved Reason for being an enclosed environment in 2001 or so that never crashed and rewired into DP or Logic with enough instruments and FX to write entire songs in the box with a measly 400mhz G4. Reason is the main program that made me realize hardware wasn’t necessary. I will always love it for that.
Same here... To me it was a dream come true. I spent my childhood dreaming of owning a lot of Synths... But to me owning them physically or virtually doesn't make any difference (I know it is debatable but that's only me). So when Propellerheads starting to bring rebirth and then reason it was like a paradigm shift like Christmas was ACTUALLY real...

The only issue is that when I was a kid, I was thinking that the only thing separating me for being the next prodigy or chemical brothers was owning synths... Now I also know there is something called talent :-D.

Jac459 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 6:18 am The only issue is that when I was a kid, I was thinking that the only thing separating me for being the next prodigy or chemical brothers was owning synths... Now I also know there is something called talent :-D.
Or time. I hardly have time to get into the studio, when I do I'm happy, it's just think about how as an actual band with a record contract your only job is to make 10 good songs every two years. Pretty great work if you can get it. Most people I knew that got famous and such were trust fund kids or super handsome etc. Talent was also involved, but that doesn't really mean anything in the bigger picture. I've listened to mostly underground music my entire life, and it's an easy thing to say that most great music goes unnoticed.

machinesworking wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 8:22 am Or time. I hardly have time to get into the studio, when I do I'm happy, it's just think about how as an actual band with a record contract your only job is to make 10 good songs every two years. Pretty great work if you can get it. Most people I knew that got famous and such were trust fund kids or super handsome etc. Talent was also involved, but that doesn't really mean anything in the bigger picture. I've listened to mostly underground music my entire life, and it's an easy thing to say that most great music goes unnoticed.
Well, that's exactly why I didn't go into music as full time job. Very little of my favourite artists really have a commercial success...

nevermind... don´t want to hijack the thread any further... :lol:

Jac459 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 11:33 pm
Nonetheless you Mac users have forced again (and again and again) to waste quite some time of developing power because of staying with a silly OS system which forces software to be "rewritten" over and over again because of the "Apple games"...
I understand your frustration and it looks like that when you don't really understand the industry. But you have to take into account these points:

2 - apple silicon is nothing more than the move of apple from cisc cpu architecture to risc architecture.
3 - A lot of marker in the industry are clearly showing that Microsoft is planning the same move. (Like this one:
)
4 - Microsoft was actually the first to try the move, before apple, 13 years ago, with Windows RT.
5 - this move is complex and absolutely require a rewiring of code, no way arround it.
6 - this move is beneficial, risc is the way to go forward, coax is in a corner now, with no capacity to further reduce the cpu print size, new ways of improvement need to be found to further improve power and efficiency.

Not Really.
Only those that jump to the latest and "greatest" Technology will be hurt for supporting a platform that is not 100% Ready for the Work you do.

If and when that Change comes to Windows i will continue to use what i have and not update anything until the new Platform is ready and i need a New PC.

D-Fusion wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 12:52 pm
Jac459 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 11:33 pm

)

Not Really.
Only those that jump to the latest and "greatest" Technology will be hurt for supporting a platform that is not 100% Ready for the Work you do.

If and when that Change comes to Windows i will continue to use what i have and not update anything until the new Platform is ready and i need a New PC.
I agree with you actually.

But to be honest, this whole fuss about Apple Silicon compatibility. I have Reason on M1 since 2 years and never had an issue. It was fast on Rosetta. It is fast native. Is there a difference? Maybe, I wouldn't know....

Jac459 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 1:10 pm But to be honest, this whole fuss about Apple Silicon compatibility. I have Reason on M1 since 2 years and never had an issue. It was fast on Rosetta. It is fast native. Is there a difference? Maybe, I wouldn't know....
Perhaps with the new Objekt synth released next Thursday, M1 power will be necessary ?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”