DSPplug Nautilus reverb coming soon - Need ideas please

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anybody who can tell Me what they'd like for this reverb so that it's fast to use and convenient I will provide them with a free license and download of it.

https://youtu.be/S39kkkFTZKI

It's really important to Me to attempt to make something that's meaningful. Sometimes even expensive reverbs seem a bit too complex, or sometimes not complex enough.

The things I can say for sure that this will have is multi - crossover with 4 bands of selectable wet/dry mix. The length of the tail can be selected and I could also add a tempo detection utility so as to use a bpm based measurement so to match the track more quickly.. 1/8 1/16 1/32 1/2 1/4 3/4 etc.

There will be 4 band stereo width, and all controls will be big and easy to use.

This might end up sounding a bit different, but the whole point is to make something that sounds a bit artifical and as smooth as glass without adding essing and a shudder not unlike the sound of a sound echoing off a barn's steel roof. Too many synth reverbs do that because of the way they react to bass.

I'll be building in dynamic compressors to ensure that does not happens for three bands:
1hz - 300hz
301hz -3khz
3.01Khz - 11Khz

Easy to overlook that treble causes the most distortion that cannot be heard clearly. Furthermore, as a method of strengthening the reverb it will use some mid side as a means to bolster the effectiveness and add an etheral component. Yet there will be both notches and low passes with that mix so to avoid essing and amplification of punch leading to dissonance.

Please offer your suggestions and I will try and cater to your needs as capably as I can. This plug-in will be available for Windows VST2,3 64 bit only.

It would be nice if the 4 band mix was actually sixteen bands. 4 is pretty limiting for a reverb, especially if you're combining them with notches to bolster the ethereal component.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:08 pm It would be nice if the 4 band mix was actually sixteen bands. 4 is pretty limiting for a reverb, especially if you're combining them with notches to bolster the ethereal component.
I think I could manage 6-8 if that's ok (fure sure..). But perhaps more, there's another algorithm that's a wet/dry mix I created that does not rely on crossover I could use, perhaps with that I could attain 16 bands mixing with only 0.3% processor usage with a dual core intel at 3.33 ghz.

Thanks.

Here is a preview video with some samples that were catchy and non descrip.

https://youtu.be/VeLM2Hod_Dk

I have not yet added the frequency selector. I am doing that now. I wanted to try a different reverb engine but I am happy. I was thinking however, I may be able to add some processing to make the output sound like plate reverb which I am awfully fond of. That and maybe spring reverb though I would have to look that up.

Three options. Anyways, I was thinking about the amount of bands and ultimately the toll on the cpu. It goes up to 4 percent cpu and that is a lot. This is with 5 bands of functionality, however, it is well beyond spec in all regards. Every option can be turned on and off and in some cases can actually gracefully turn off, saving the cpu some. I'll ensure that before there is a release to add a setting to also turn on or off the stereo width.

I've also been playing with the idea of adding mono detection and furthermore haas, so that the end user can continue adding stereo width no matter what. Likely, te switch for that will be at the bottom left.

I have been working with the product flowstone and I do things from scratch in a different way furthermore that saves on static, clicks and pops. I do this by limiting the amount of mouse interactivity with programming. By not registering the x and y co-ordinates in any way and by only using one GUI constant module; there's much less going on in the background.

Furthermore, I do not mix code types and like most of My plug-ins; if I do write custom Ruby code there is only one instance so to save your computer from being bogged down. I know intel users forget about AMD cpu's and dismiss that they're designed to thread rather than tug along with as much at once as possible.

This reverb will likely be something that I can improve by 2% in time. However, nothing is gained by replacing things with "code" or what have you; it would actually be quite the opposite. It may be that I can cook up some native math to replace the code; because straight math is not always the easiest, but it's fast and often sounds great.
nautilus.jpg
Zoom In

There's a great section at dspplug.com btw for those who are interested in DSP. I'm going to be getting into Bluecat's soon, using only the native code. However, I cannot imagine there will be any gain, except for maybe pro tools in windows. I do not have a mac computer; but I could set up the limited free version to test vst's I suppose. That would be a bonus.

The way Mac is going though; does not seem positive. If only Windows was not trying to join them in ethic. But alas; we're surrounded haha.

I added a resilient limiter, and I will make sure to add some tweaks to ensure it can bounce back from an overload; I've come across the scenario before; and I also took the liberty of adding a new version of My smooth limiter.

It's much smoother sounding, it's like the combo of the omega comp and the smooth together, they share the custom code I'd designed that is free of envelopes. I've noticed that reverb will often be that one element which can cause the most damage. I wanted to prevent that so to create a professional platform that does not restrict workflow.
I feel the ceiling compressor will be of great benefit to the limiter furthermore in the case of live application.

All actions resulting from interaction action are noiseless and it will be compatible with touchscreen. I at one time added code to resize but instead I will add two sizes, one for 1080p and the other for 4k which is increasing in popularity.

A really professional feature I added to avoid surprises is the monitoring of reverb decibels. Any decibels caused by the addition of the effect are taken away before the the various crossover bands are summated. This ensures that you will have less pumping and less plosives, there's also a smoothing effect to the sound.

I hope six bands is ok; it's the most I could provide realistically.

Another nice feature of this is that the GUI will gracefully turn off when the plugin is not open allowing multiple applications to run with less problem. Furthermore, I'm ensuring that most elements are vector (which to be honest are hard on the cpu albeit) andany images are re-used. I merely super-impose some graphic touches atop with vectors so to colorize them.

It may be, that I will eventually replace the entire gpu with ruby code, but that would be pending a test of both sound and the impact the imagery would have. I feel the only benfit might be in the scrolling and scaling in comprimising situations - Perhaps the knobs will react more reliably with ruby and there might be less hiccups. I really cannot think of a more tested language as Ruby capable of doing most things without problems.

Thanks for your interest in My new DSPplug product.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by kingozrecords on Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

You're my favorite poster on this forum, and I don't want to correct anything youve done because everything coming from kingoz already seems mystical or already perfect, but I must say that the mark on the knobs showing the current position really should be larger, darker, or in some way more visible. Hard to tell where the knob is pointed. Sorry if this is bad advice.

briefcasemanx wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:08 am You're my favorite poster on this forum, and I don't want to correct anything youve done because everything coming from kingoz already seems mystical or already perfect, but I must say that the mark on the knobs showing the current position really should be larger, darker, or in some way more visible. Hard to tell where the knob is pointed. Sorry if this is bad advice.
Ok, thanks. I'll try and make it more clear. Thankyou for the kind words.

It went over his head :hihi:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

What does "I can cook up some native math to replace the code" mean?

I hope this is AI - based.
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

I've just seen your doppelganger.
https://youtu.be/8BcZx7clM7Q
Currently trying to turn noise into music. :neutral: Is boutique the new old?

Return to “Effects”