Worrying about using old samples and the legal ramifications...

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:51 pm
elxsound wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:27 pm You assume to much about the people you’re interacting with.

You’re not really that direct, so definitely not a New Yorker. I’m still going with Portland because this is eerily close to something someone I met had said years ago.
:?
Hey I asked him in the previous post, but he ignored that... Sooooo :shrug:

Hink wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:54 pm Infinite monkey theorem
The infinite monkey theorem states that a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type any given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare. In fact, the monkey would almost surely type every possible finite text an infinite number of times.
yes, they might do shakespeare, but no one mentions infinite monkeys(or one monkey given infinite time) giving the world vanilla ice.
ive read the book.

elxsound wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:47 pm
vurt wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:41 pm the greatest genre in the history of time, wouldnt have given the world vanilla ice.
:idea: --------> What if the one posting is Vanilla Ice?
then we are all screwed!
watch out for wallabys! :scared:

vurt wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:01 pm
Hink wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:54 pm Infinite monkey theorem
The infinite monkey theorem states that a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type any given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare. In fact, the monkey would almost surely type every possible finite text an infinite number of times.
yes, they might do shakespeare, but no one mentions infinite monkeys(or one monkey given infinite time) giving the world vanilla ice.
ive read the book.

I wrote the book

The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

why does your monkey finger look like a mushroom?

vurt wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:11 pm why does your monkey finger look like a mushroom?
didnt age well...want a better explanation? Find a full length mirror, stand in front of it and

drop yer pants
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

its not a monkey its a chimp.
fake news!

hiya chimpdink

vurt wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:41 pm the greatest genre in the history of time, wouldnt have given the world vanilla ice.
Now now
People don't go around blaming Nickleback on rock n roll do they?
Do they? I wouldn't know,really....
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

melomood wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:46 pm
Now now
People don't go around blaming Nickleback on rock n roll do they?
Do they? I wouldn't know,really....
i believe canada takes the blame there?
i could be mistaken.

Hink wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:38 pmhiya chimpdink

is that your ape name?

englebert chimpdink?

maybe it was once, dunno :oops:...I mean that whole midlife thing...yeah...your time is coming too :lol:

:party: f**k yeah!!!!

licasto2 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:17 pm You are a hypocrite. The type of upper-middle class white dude that is all for BLM as long as "those people" don't live in your neighborhood. Fukkkin lame :lol:
You know nothing about me, and that's quite the assumption to make.

Not that I should be surprised since we're on the internet, but I think it's funny that so many who disagree are just jumping right to the insults and assumptions. Almost as if you have no arguments, have never actually thought about the subject before, and have just gone along with the status quo unquestioningly.

Here's a fairly decent article that lays out some arguments against the concept of IP, I think it does a better job of making the case than I could:

http://danny.oz.au/free-software/advoca ... st_IP.html

I also think this has some relevance here:

https://www.iflscience.com/technology/a ... ringement/

On another point: the assumption by many here seems to be that without IP, music has no value, and that's clearly not the case. The general position of most who argue against IP is not implying anything of the sort, or that people such as songwriters, performers, etc. shouldn't be compensated for their work.
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”