Cubase 12 released

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Okay,

I heard back from Steinberg.

There’s a wizard that guides you through the process.

https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... le-Wizard-

You have to de-authorize your Cubase 12 license on the relevant machines and literally follow the wizard, it’s so simple, but it took them a while to reply, they sent me an authorization code that I give to the buyer.
It’s really simple.

It doesn’t matter if you upgraded to the 12 license or bought it. I upgraded to it from 11.

zvenx wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:01 pm I am not sure you can buy 12 as an upgrade from 11 and still sell 11.
rsp
No, you are not allowed to sell the Cubase 11 eLicenser after it has been upgraded to version 12.

dellboy wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:59 pm Maybe I am missing something,but it seems to be saying that you must post (transfer) the eLicencer dongle to the new owner of the Steinberg License. If that is the case then what happens if you have lost the dongle? Its broken? or has been thrown away? Are you stuck with version 12 forever with no way to sell it?
Well, the correct procedure would be to report it as lost or stolen.

That clause only exists if the C11 license exists on an eLicenser, of course. If it's lost and the dongle serial is registered as so then you'd presume it doesn't apply.

I guess the main reason for that clause is so that the new owner can access legacy versions if they need to use <C12 themselves. i.e. when you consider that certain plugins were removed from C12, or rewire support.

skijumptoes wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:44 pm
Well, the correct procedure would be to report it as lost or stolen.

That clause only exists if the C11 license exists on an eLicenser, of course. If it's lost and the dongle serial is registered as so then you'd presume it doesn't apply.

I guess the main reason for that clause is so that the new owner can access legacy versions if they need to use <C12 themselves. i.e. when you consider that certain plugins were removed from C12, or rewire support.
I am not convinced that you have to pass the dongle on to a new buyer. People who buy Cubase 12 outright today are not able to access previous versions. The version 12 we upgraded to is on the new "Steinberg License".

Heard back from Steinberg support this morning - very impressive outcome from the new system. They blocked and removed my original license and provided a new Download Access Code for me to pass on to the buyer.
So full marks from me!

Jelly wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:12 am They blocked and removed my original license and provided a new Download Access Code for me to pass on to the buyer.
Thank you for this info, that sounds ideal.
Seems like a quick turn around too - 24 hours?

Yep, 24 hours after asking the wizard! I’d had a support ticket in for a while though so don’t know if that helped.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”