How many of you are getting the Osmose?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pdxindy wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:08 pm They both require a software editor to fully design presets so neither are quite a fully standalone synth.
I could say that about a few of my old hardware synths :x

I am hoping the Osmose with its screen and rotary controls will let the key features of a sound be selected and adjusted live (macro level) but obviously if you have a Continuum you will know how complicated it can be to programme in all dimensions...I am not sure a lot of additional hardware controls would make it simpler, some jobs are better on a PC editor but if you can then assign say 8 macros I will be more than happy.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Just had an update- they are starting to ship and may arrive before Xmas!

''We will be in touch via mail once your unit is ready to be shipped in order to double-check billing and shipping details and collect the remaining balance.'''

Exciting after 3 years waiting!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I'm not excited yet. It has been so long my excitement is frozen and is now unthawing. :hihi:

Completely forgot about this. Still looks good, will wait until there is a full-production model reviewed to order.

Wow! I honestly thought this would never happen. Great news for all you patient people. I look forward to reading some impressions.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:27 am Wow! I honestly thought this would never happen. Great news for all you patient people. I look forward to reading some impressions.
yeah..it seems like quite the feat that this is actually materializing with all of the delays and hardship. I hope things didn't get too bleak financially behind the scenes and they can recover quickly now that units are confirmed to be shipping soon.

eagerly awaiting my pre-order and very much hoping they deliver on the hype!

Me too. It doesn't really interest me at all but the more of these kinds of things that are around, the better off we all are.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I wasn’t in a position to do a pre-order, but I suspect I’ll eventually end up with one if they start doing regular production runs. It’s one of those things where it would mean getting MPE in a traditional keyboard form at the expense of losing my 61 key controller, because I definitely can’t fit them both in my world, or actually would want to.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Fortunately, I have enough space to keep a 61 key synth/controller and also have the Osmose. I will be selling my second 61 key synth though. Not enough room for all 3. Not without going to vertical keyboard stands which I don't want.

I have a lot of questions about the Osmose as a controller. All the videos to date have been people playing 'expressively' and little to nothing about configuration, switching modes on the fly, is there any sort of functionality for controlling curves and keyboard feel or is that only done in the software, etc.

Turns out that for those of us in the US, our orders will be filled by a different shipping container coming to the US... so it is unknown how long it will be. So I can put my excitement back to sleep!

I have just paid in full and hoping it arrives next week! It says 3-5 days (FEDEX) so if UK Customs don't mess it up it will be here for Christmas...exciting!

Ours should arrive any day now :)

Paid, I hope I will receive mine soon!
Best
YY

Urs wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:38 pm Ours should arrive any day now :)
So how do you like it?

Game changer.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”