Plugin Alliance BS vouchers

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

LeVzi wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:19 am
jamcat wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:17 am
LeVzi wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:59 am I have a few PA plugins because sometimes you need to just bit the bullet to get a good plugin, but I really would rather have avoided PA all together if possible.
I feel that way about Waves.
I'd much rather pay a one-time VAT and get 3 authorizations for life, then have to pay Waves' WUP extortion fees yearly for life so they don't take away my 2nd of only 2 authorizations.

If only a reputable company made a legit Helios emulation, I could get away from Waves forever. I'd jump at a bx_console version in a heartbeat.
Waves have their faults too, the WUP is a joke, and their reauthorising is a joke too, but I am not referring to that. This is about their sale price which is stated as 1 price ,not adding VAT.

I agree that waves need to look at their policies , but they've been pretty reasonable with me tbh when it came to reauthorising. BUt I felt like I was on trial when explaining it.
Waves give their plugins away practically for free with a permanent firesale, because it's really all about trapping you in their WUP scheme. That's where they're making all their money. Plugin Alliance at least doesn't seem to have such a scam going when they have a $29 sale.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

So, I did notice this at the bottom of the promotional email I got from PA:
* Local VAT taxes may be added, only if required by law in your country. Offers end October 29, 11:59 PM Pacific Standard Time (PST). The offers in this promotion are fixed price offers, no dynamic discounts will be applied. Dynamic discounts apply to non-promotional plugins though!

waves vs PA?
How bout waves/pa vs voxengo or fabfilter or u-he or any other decent company without silly marketing schemes.

The whole deal how PA prices their plugins is kind of silly isn't it? Put a price on it that nobody will every pay, then run "90% off campaings" around the whole year. It's stupid, but seems to work for them. So what can you do.

Ploki wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:18 am waves vs PA?
How bout waves/pa vs voxengo or fabfilter or u-he or any other decent company without silly marketing schemes.
I don’t mind PA’s marketing strategy because there’s no catch to it.

Voxengo, Fabfilter, and u-he make totally different types of plugins that appeal to totally different market segments than Plugin Alliance and Waves, so it’s pointless to compare them.

IK, Arturia, and UAD would have been better examples to compare to.

Ploki wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:18 am waves vs PA?
Agreed. There is only Waves vs PA for the companies themselves - they are clearly in direct competition. For the consumer, they are largely the same... vast product catalogues, incessant emails, astronomical retail prices and manipulative sales (extended! voucher reset!), paid-for endorsements, and so on.

At least PA don't have WUP, though :lol:

Wait what? I use plugs from both u-he, fabfilter, PA and Arturia. How do plugs appeal to different markets? Just curious.

jamcat wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:11 am So, I did notice this at the bottom of the promotional email I got from PA:
* Local VAT taxes may be added, only if required by law in your country. Offers end October 29, 11:59 PM Pacific Standard Time (PST). The offers in this promotion are fixed price offers, no dynamic discounts will be applied. Dynamic discounts apply to non-promotional plugins though!
If they put that under the bit where they said the names of the plugins not in the sale, would have solved everything. Its a mile down the page otherwise , who checks that ? (we do, but we were looking for it)
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

LeVzi wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:22 pm
jamcat wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:11 am So, I did notice this at the bottom of the promotional email I got from PA:
If they put that under the bit where they said the names of the plugins not in the sale, would have solved everything. Its a mile down the page otherwise , who checks that ? (we do, but we were looking for it)
being in the uk, i kind of expect it to be added, don't need to find something in an email to tell me.
its been like that forever!

just pay your taxes man, you're not a billionaire :tantrum:

vurt wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:42 pm
being in the uk, i kind of expect it to be added, don't need to find something in an email to tell me.

So when someone tells you that costs 29.99 , you then automatically expect VAT to be added ? This isn't a cash and carry.

LeVzi wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:53 pm

So when someone tells you that costs 29.99 , you then automatically expect VAT to be added ? This isn't a cash and carry.
online yes. especially when buying from outside the uk.

in the interest of openness, and i hope this doesn't change peoples opinion of me, i have done a course in book keeping :oops:
i was young :cry: they said it would help my job prospects in the future :cry:

vurt wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:59 pm
LeVzi wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:53 pm

online yes. especially when buying from outside the uk.

in the interest of openness, and i hope this doesn't change peoples opinion of me, i have done a course in book keeping :oops:
i was young :cry: they said it would help my job prospects in the future :cry:
So how do other companies do it then ? Only a few add VAT, others state the price as it is.

I hope you don't charge by the hour for accounting advice

LeVzi wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:01 pm
So how do other companies do it then ? Only a few add VAT, others state the price as it is.
well, they either take the hit (doubtful) or are evading paying the tax.
but i wouldn't expect that, id just take that as a nice surprise, and spend the tax on sweets :ud:

and yes, i do hourly rates.
your invoice will include the vat, don't worry :)

its worse buying hardware, you pay, it gets despatched, you follow tracking across the world, then get a letter from the hmrc saying you can't have it, unless you pay the ransom!!! :x

ok, you expect customs charge, but then they add a fee for bloody writing to you :x bastards.

pathetic thread...
first, ...if you hate plugin alliance or their offers so much, why you even bother goin on their site checking, if the obviously so much "beloved" PLUGINALLIANCE software of your choice is cheap as f**k available for you, but DOOOH it isnt?

and second, how many of their plugins are actually excluded from their offering? 5?

you obviously not hating enough, even in your hate you are a mediocre...
in the meantime i get me some byome+triad for 29.99
oh plus vat i forgot...damnfucktards of pa i want my vat for another glass of pickled cucumbers, so that i can live on it for antoher week...:D

Return to “Effects”