Roland SE-02 Has Faulty Tuning or is This OK?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, Thanks guys for your help..

I have got a Roland SE02.. I had to call in a replacement for the first one because the tuning between notes was way off.. as much as 15-20 cents even after running calibration multiple times over after warm up.. This was just between like A2 and B2..

i got the replacement and it seems the tuning is still having some issues.. although not so drastic.. my Behringer PRO-1 doesnt have such issues..

This image is running a few triangle waves open through a tuner (i checked to make sure its pure triangle wave, no filter, or anything else) .. this is after running the tuning calibration several times after letting it warm up.. this seems to be more noticeable in the lower sub-to-bass octaves.. these are some low triangle waves on an oscillator played up the keyboard on different notes just going up one octave.. its the pretty typical tuning pattern i get on all oscs around the keyboard ...

is this a serious problem or is this typical of VCO analog synths? i know my PRO-1 is pretty on-point, much less issue than this, although ive seen an issue similar to this with the Behringer K2 before..

this is the tuning of the replacement that came in so im sure its not just a "bad one" at this pointImage
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tuners have problems with registering extremely low frequencies, like below 50 Hz.
Just so you know their limitations...
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Contact Roland, that's not good

Roland released an updated Firmware that improved the tuning somewhat. So make sure you're running the latest version. It's still not perfect, though.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”