Cubase 12 leaked on Steinberg's site

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Trensharo wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:29 pm .... Steinberg cannot remove licenses from the eLicenser, so what license you already had on there is going to remain......
I've had licenses removed from an elicenser by Steinberg.
When I contacted them about it, I was told they were deprecated.

Trensharo wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:29 pm You can always just use a disposable email account and get another Dorico SE 4 code to add, if needed. Really, there is no point in even contacting support about those freebies :-P
Why not? Always better to have the license deposited to your account, then going the tedious workaround of having to set up another account just for a freebie.

Really. There's nothing bad about contacting support for that. Or contacting it when you have issues with Cubase LE or AI. They're happy to help, with the thought in mind that you could always upgrade to a higher version, when they're nice enough. ;)

My Dorico SE license doesn't show like yours in eLicenser Control Center, by the way. It only says "Dorico SE" here, without the 3.5 version extension, and, it doesn't show as non-upgradeable either. Maybe because it's an earlier version of Dorico SE. I don't know.

felis wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:41 am
Trensharo wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:29 pm .... Steinberg cannot remove licenses from the eLicenser, so what license you already had on there is going to remain......
Interesting.
Didn't know that.
I know you can on ilok, didn't realise you can on e-licenser too.
rsp
sound sculptist

They were very old, I never used them, and they were the free AI(?) versions of Cubase that comes with certain hardware.
Every time I got them, I would load them up, even though I already had paid versions I was actually using.
I wasn't really upset about it, more just nervous that it could happen at all.

Edit: it was years ago, but if I remember right, it was after getting a new computer and needing new codes. I told them of the many licenses that were on there I mainly used just Cubase and Wavelab,
So they sent me new codes for those, and the rest disappeared.
Last edited by felis on Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chk071 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:12 pm
Trensharo wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:29 pm You can always just use a disposable email account and get another Dorico SE 4 code to add, if needed. Really, there is no point in even contacting support about those freebies :-P
Why not? Always better to have the license deposited to your account, then going the tedious workaround of having to set up another account just for a freebie.

Really. There's nothing bad about contacting support for that. Or contacting it when you have issues with Cubase LE or AI. They're happy to help, with the thought in mind that you could always upgrade to a higher version, when they're nice enough. ;)

My Dorico SE license doesn't show like yours in eLicenser Control Center, by the way. It only says "Dorico SE" here, without the 3.5 version extension, and, it doesn't show as non-upgradeable either. Maybe because it's an earlier version of Dorico SE. I don't know.
The workaround stated was for people who had a license but for some reason have issues with it and want to get it back on there.

Dorico SE is a different SKU type than elements. It's not going to say non-upgradeable, because why would it? They don't charge money to upgrade a freebie, so there need not be any restriction when moving a license over to the new system.

The reason why the license for Elements is marked non-upgradeable is because they don't want people "double upgrading" the same license they've already purchased an upgrade for (can be an issue when dongles are sold to someone else).

If I said you are blocked, I won't see your posts. Please kindly refrain from quoting or replying to me.
"Notifications for Nothing" are annoying. Blocking me in return is a good way to avoid this.

felis wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:41 am
Interesting, I refunded a WaveLab Elements purchase and while it was removed from my account on the internet, it remained on the eLicenser. Iv'e since gotten Pro, so it's not a biggie, anyways (though, I didn't even attempt to try the upgrade route as my thought is the license is flagged in their system and would probably be rejected when registering). I did move it over to my Laptop, though. It let me move it to a second dongle, Lol.

But all those packages are eventually going to move to the new system, so those licenses pretty much don't matter in the long term.

If I said you are blocked, I won't see your posts. Please kindly refrain from quoting or replying to me.
"Notifications for Nothing" are annoying. Blocking me in return is a good way to avoid this.

Trensharo wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:30 pm .... They don't charge money to upgrade a freebie, so there need not be any restriction when moving a license over to the new system....
Cubase AI is free (included with some hardware products): https://www.steinberg.net/cubase/ai/

To upgrade from AI to Pro 11 is $477.98
Last edited by felis on Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Trensharo wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:34 pm .....But all those packages are eventually going to move to the new system, so those licenses pretty much don't matter in the long term.
From what I've read, the only things on an elicense that will move to the new system are those things that get upgraded.
The old license will still be on the elicenser, but the new license will be in the activation manager.
I could be wrong though. Don't know if anyone is 100% positive about things at this point.

I can't get to the Steinberg website. I get a 502 Bad Gateway error.

Edit: It's back again, nvm

Examigan wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:41 am I can't get to the Steinberg website. I get a 502 Bad Gateway error.

Edit: It's back again, nvm
:lol:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”