Synapse Audio - Dune 3.5 Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

LFO8 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:34 pm Ok, then yet another feature left out of the demo. I really wish they would include all features in the demo so we can make a proper assessment before purchasing.
Maybe the idea is to make the demo download smaller.

What other feature is left out of the demo? Like I said it was mentioned that the Browser would be included in the demo just no idea when it will be updated and available.

If it will help this is how the Light and Gray skins look. Functionality is the same in all.

D3 Light.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

fisherKing wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:39 pm
LFO8 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:34 pm
Teksonik wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:18 pm
LFO8 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:15 pm Only available from v3.5 onwards though.
No the Light skin has been around for quite some time along with the Gray skin

D3 112121.png
Ok, then yet another feature left out of the demo. I really wish they would include all features in the demo so we can make a proper assessment before purchasing.
you won't be able to make a 'proper assessment' about a synth without an alternative skin? if you like the sound, the workflow of dune, you know you will have the skin available when you purchase it. seems simple enough.
Next to sound, UX is important to me. In fact.. a synth can have the best sound on the planet but if the UX sucks I still won't use it. The new patch browser for instance (not included in the demo) alters the UX. A skin can alter the UX.

Just to name a few examples.

Teksonik wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:46 pm
LFO8 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:34 pm Ok, then yet another feature left out of the demo. I really wish they would include all features in the demo so we can make a proper assessment before purchasing.
Maybe the idea is to make the demo download smaller.

What other feature is left out of the demo? Like I said it was mentioned that the Browser would be included in the demo just no idea when it will be updated and available.

If it will help this is how the Light and Gray skins look. Functionality is the same in all.

D3 Light.png
Thank you for posting those. I like the second one quite a bit better than the default skin. My eyes just don't like red on dark colors.

LFO8 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:47 pm

D3 112121.png
Ok, then yet another feature left out of the demo. I really wish they would include all features in the demo so we can make a proper assessment before purchasing.
you won't be able to make a 'proper assessment' about a synth without an alternative skin? if you like the sound, the workflow of dune, you know you will have the skin available when you purchase it. seems simple enough.
Next to sound, UX is important to me. In fact.. a synth can have the best sound on the planet but if the UX sucks I still won't use it. The new patch browser for instance (not included in the demo) alters the UX. A skin can alter the UX.

right. well, there are pictures posted of the GUI above. so, if you do like the sound, and the workflow... you get the alternate skins (& the browser) in the purchase. it's not like you have no idea what's in store, so i don't see the problem...

who wants to play a game?

"who is fluffy now?"

fisherKing wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:49 pm

D3 112121.png

right. well, there are pictures posted of the GUI above. so, if you do like the sound, and the workflow... you get the alternate skins (& the browser) in the purchase. it's not like you have no idea what's in store, so i don't see the problem...
Well that's where you and I disagree I guess. That's fine. You don't see the problem. Everyone has different needs. I can assess certain aspects from a picture yes, but I will not be able to access what it feels like to use that feature. Only imagine.

When I go out to testdrive a car I want it to have all the stuff on there.

LFO8 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:58 pm

D3 112121.png

Well that's where you and I disagree I guess. That's fine. You don't see the problem. Everyone has different needs. I can assess certain aspects from a picture yes, but I will not be able to access what it feels like to use that feature. Only imagine.

lots of developers remove features from their demos; that's their prerogative. but if you can't assess the value of a synth from it's sound, and workflow, an alternate skin and a browser won't matter. either way, the demo is the demo, and if you can't work with it, that's life.

am loving 3.5; this has become one of my 'main' synth plugins (& i've owned way too many)...

I just checked and the full version download is 310 megs while the current demo is 194 megs, a savings of 116 megs which doesn't sound like much these days. But when you add up all the demo versions downloaded over a week or month then I imagine the savings in bandwidth adds up. Roughly calculated the alternative skins add up to about 110 megs so that's where most of the savings in size come from.

That's the current demo so I don't know how much larger the next demo will be which as I said has been mentioned will include the browser and new features.

Hopefully it will be released soon.....(and reflect the full version number in the download file...hint.... :D )
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

vurt wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:54 pm who wants to play a game?

"who is fluffy now?"
:lol: If it wasn't for the join date I'd say you might be on to something there..... :P

Teksonik wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:14 pm
vurt wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:54 pm who wants to play a game?

"who is fluffy now?"
:lol: If it wasn't for the join date I'd say you might be on to something there..... :P
very similar style.
:hihi:

fisherKing wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:06 pm

lots of developers remove features from their demos; that's their prerogative. but if you can't assess the value of a synth from it's sound, and workflow, an alternate skin and a browser won't matter. either way, the demo is the demo, and if you can't work with it, that's life.

am loving 3.5; this has become one of my 'main' synth plugins (& i've owned way too many)...
Feel better now that you have given me the "That's life" speech? Lol.. Some people have different preferences than you have :party:

LFO8 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:58 pm When I go out to testdrive a car I want it to have all the stuff on there.
The difference is when you test drive a car you either have to buy it or give it right back.

With software, developers have to walk a fine line between providing enough in the demo to give people a good idea of what they are trying without giving them so much that they'll just try to keep using the demo without purchasing.

Not saying that's what you would do at all but there are people who do which if I understand correctly is the driving factor in having the demo limited to 30 days.

I much prefer that to noise bursts which frankly drive me nuts.

I assume the demo periods have been reset as I believe they have been with major updates. :tu:

LFO8 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:17 pm
fisherKing wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:06 pm

Feel better now that you have given me the "That's life" speech? Lol.. Some people have different preferences than you have :party:
yes, sorry, but i stand by what i wrote. either way, the browser is coming to the demo, so you won't have to do the difficult task of 'imagining' how a browser works.

idk, GUI is a pretty big deal for me. I bought Microtonic only after it gained skinning support because the stock skin just doesn't fly with me, and i love everything else about it.

Ploki wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:32 pm idk, GUI is a pretty big deal for me. I bought Microtonic only after it gained skinning support because the stock skin just doesn't fly with me, and i love everything else about it.
As someone of uses synths and plugins for about 10 hours a day every day, GUI is a MASSIVE factor for me. Thankfully I really like Dune's! :love:

There are many, many synths released and discussed here on KVR which after seeing the GUI I didn't even bother to listen/demo. Great-looking synths with good, easy workflow and a good sound is what I like. :D

Return to “Instruments”