IK Syntronik 2 is out (looks like 'MAX' version required to get new synths)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik Syntronik 1

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/s ... p?p=synths

I downloaded the CS version, looks pretty much the same (as in not great in my opinion)..I'll have a better look but I think I have most of the new synths they have added covered....some cheap upgrade options as they have added it to MAX 3.5....

EDIT- it seems you need to buy the new synths separately after purchasing Syntronik 2 from the built in 'shop' or you need to buy 'Syntronik 2 MAX' to get them bundled.
Last edited by SLiC on Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

For me the upgrade to 2 Max is 149Euro which for the 11 new synths I think is definitely worth it :)

EDIT: Woah 200gb, that's quite a jump from v1 (I think .... isn't it?!) - gotta see if I've enough drive space !
Last edited by mcbpete on Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I am getting offered MAX 3 to MAX 3.5 for 99E and I can use JAM POINTS so 69E which includes this, the new tape collection and the new reverb (not even out yet!)

It would be even more of a bargain (dozens of new things) if I hadn't already got them in the last buy 1 get 20 free sale (still haven't even used the free promotions!)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

So... Syntronik 2 - CS & SE, say "Hosts previously purchased synths.".

But Syntronik 2 CS just screams at me to authorize anything I already own (all this stuff still works ok in Syntronik 1)... so, I don't get it.

The “full version” of Syntronik 2, & MAX say "Upgrades previously purchased synths."... which seems like there's something they've actually tweaked on the old stuff, in order for it to work in the new Syntronik 2 engine... but then why say the old stuff can be "hosted" S2, CS & SE?!

I'm so confused... :help:

EDIT: well ok... I just tried to use the freebie CS stuff, and it's bitching at me to authorize as well... even though I already did (a couple different ways - authorization & product managers).

No idea... :dog:

Yeh, I cant get it to work either, It wont authorise. I just gave up and deleted it for now- maybe a premature release (sop to speak ;-)) back to my other BF goodies for now.... IK's download, install and authorise system is awful!

Word of warning to anyone who tries it- the installer still leaves massive undeleted download ZIP files in your 'download' directory that defaults to C:, so be careful if you have an SSD, you will find space soon runs out!

Got Syntronik as part of the group buy, I like it but you don't get upgrades for the group buy thinks and I'm absolutely not paying 350$ for the 11 new synths. So that's a pass from me until there is the next group buy or something where I can grab the missing synths for a more realistic price.

@IK I know it's fair that you don't provide upgrade paths for group buy freebies, but consider that the value just isn't there if you already own Syntronik Deluxe for the group to pay full price for the max version.

Just checked SampleTank 4... and none of the Syntronik 2 CS freebie stuff works there either. Still asks me to authorize.

And what's really awesome... is that all my old Syntronik 1 instruments are all locked in SampleTank now as well... and can't be unlocked, apparently (authorizing them again, did nothing).

So, yeah... I'd definitely hold off on updating if you haven't yet already. It's all broken. :party:

Lol… Jesus wept..

Deleted
-- Insert profound words here --

Maybe related to viewtopic.php?p=8273825

Rushing stuff out and including stuff that isn't even released yet!

Edit- rats- I just replied to a post that was then deleted!

Jorden Rudess got it working!

https://youtu.be/V1a6D3Hkqjg

SLiC wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:42 pm Jorden Rudess got it working!...
Oh sure... I go into a shop to play an instrument, and an employee angrily unplugs my audio and throws a pair of headphones at me. :smack:

I have Total Studio MAX 2 and thought I'd get some kind of upgrade or crossgrade, but it looks like that's not the case.

Sorry to hear everyone's troubles. Sounds like corporate gave the coders a Black Friday deadline.

I really just don't understand the appeal of this product. Why didn't they just sample the raw waveforms then let you run those through the various synth engines a la Omnisphere? And let you mix and match! Example: run some Moog waveforms through an Oberheim filter and some Roland envelopes...

This one is totally lost on me. Even as a freebie in the last group buy I passed right over it.

Return to “Instruments”