Why is FL Studio so popular?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Why is FL so popular? Was browsing youtube and I'm selling 12, 18 and older use it. Just all kinds of backgrounds in music using it.

I think it's mostly ease of use (for production at least) and easy to find a cracked version.
Also, it has tons of tutorials on Youtube, I think it's more than any other DAW.

its one of your five a day.

It's cheap with eternal upgrades, what matters a lot for the kids you're talking about.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Nice workflow, very easy to get the most basic music made, regular massive feature updates, life time free updates, "pros" hate it lol.

Low entry cost and free updates for life is a big selling point as is the very effective pattern based midi sequencing and piano roll editor is arguable one of the best available. I wouldn't use it myself for recording live instruments/bands but you can use it for that as well...if you are in the box and record in a 'pattern' based way (dance music etc) the FL Studio is as good as any DAW and you can demo it to see if it works for you....if you like it get onboard and you will never have to spend anything ever again on a DAW (and FL Studio updates are frequent despite being free!)

If you buy the all plugin edition you get a lot of toys, some of them quite unique...FL also works as a plugin so you can use it like reason rack just to access all of the image line plugs and drum sequencer (which is definitely one of the best available)

https://youtu.be/VbfvKipHCwo
Last edited by SLiC on Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

all the modulation/automation related tasks can be done pretty easily with it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV8DspkmD-Y
if you mainly work with MIDI (note triggering, per note modulation etc.) it's a pretty capable/solid "simple-looking thing" sample handling is a second-class citizen in FL, the big change gonna happen in the major version ... we gonna see
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

It's Xmas/birthday gift money for the entry version - similar price to an AAA game title. So that appeals very much to the younger crowd who need to get their parents to stump up the cash. And once you're invested in a DAW, you need a damn good reason to move to something else.

It's standard practice for FL users to have their mum's name show up as the license holder in the top left...

DJ Warmonger wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:47 pm It's cheap with eternal upgrades, what matters a lot for the kids you're talking about.
...and to 52 year olds living in Yorkshire. :hihi:

It has a playful, colorful, unconventional (almost videogame-like) interface, a quick step sequencer to make sick beats, a great (almost excessive) piano roll, a fair price with lifetime free updates, it's easily crackable for kids and broke adults on the internet. And it's got Fruity Dance.
Last edited by Yorrrrrr on Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

WORKFLOW, big support, LIFETIME FREE UPDATES
cool company, no greed for profit

Fruity sugary goodness

I think it's great that FL Studio exists. Good stuff that people have choices for any kind of workflow.

What I never understood is that FL Studio isn't the catch basin for more Synapse Orion users. Or maybe it is. How would I know. :) Rarely read about it here, so, I just figure that it's not. From the looks of it, it seems to be the obvious choice.

chk071 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:32 pm I think it's great that FL Studio exists. Good stuff that people have choices for any kind of workflow.

What I never understood is that FL Studio isn't the catch basin for more Synapse Orion users. Or maybe it is. How would I know. :) Rarely read about it here, so, I just figure that it's not. From the looks of it, it seems to be the obvious choice.
its not like football! you dont just pick your team based on who is winning!!! :cry:

wuworld wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:39 pm Why is FL so popular? Was browsing youtube and I'm selling 12, 18 and older use it. Just all kinds of backgrounds in music using it.
Aehhh???? :drunk:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”