PRODUCTS

ReaEQ for mostly narrow band cleaning
Nova Eq for immediate dynamic control + lpf & hpf
Vos Baxter eq
1st Tdr slick to clean stereo as needed with the diff mode
2nd tdr slick eq to adjust tonal balance
Vos tape dynamic simulator, usually very mildly
Tdr limiter no6.

Experimenting with throwing in the Vos thrillseeker xtc.

Tons of eq plugins, but that works for the workflow, instead trying to cram the changes in smaller amount of stages.

The only reason I would do or seek out a genuine mastering job would be for a release on certain media. And 'a professional' is the right answer there, albeit I would do a_lot of research into the professional. I know one guy I'd talk to, Thom DaMazio.

about half the time I do a 2-file project towards a more perfect edit, and look for problems away from the process of creation, but the only times I really adjust the loudness are certain whisper-quiet things that won't travel so well.
I hear things that are very obviously 'mastered' that I tend to think will have sounded better before all this wringing every last drop out of the sound, or the just plain maximizing volume. Everybody striving to be 'analog', everything is thick, blown up or turgid.

to make sure yer Youtube things are not penalized for the loudness average takes a kind_of mastering.

Many things come and go from my chain, either as needs change or old plugins get replaced by new & improved (or not...) plugins, but one thing has always remained -- the Sonnox Limiter.

Lately I've been impressed by the seeming 'magic' imparted by TEOTE from Voxengo as well.

Return to “Effects”