One Synth Challenge #154: Triple Cheese by u-he (schiing wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Triple Cheese

Immanencer wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:29 am This time, sound design + composition/arranging + mixing took me about 40 hours, which can be a challenge in itself depending upon what else in going on in one's life. But I guess it gets quicker to complete after doing it a few times?
That really depends a lot on what you're best at and how many MIDI tracks you'd set up.
For me mixing is the most time consuming stage and thus I try to stay always with about 12 tracks, which are quite few but it helps to keep things simple.
Also it depends on how much you experiment with new effects or build your standard plug-ins chain in you DAW.

Yadrichik_Chaya wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:56 pm
briefcasemanx wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:11 pm Yeah I'm with you with the time aspect. I still have zero idea how anyone gets it done in a few hours.
Reading what you wrote the famous Bruce Lee quote ”Be like water, my friend” from an interview came to mind.
Ah, the good Taoism, in 2500 years old quote:
"The best is like water. Water is good; it benefits all things and does not compete with them"
https://tao-in-you.com/water-has-no-sha ... any-shape/
I think Bruce Lee meant the adaptivity.

liqih wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:49 am
Yadrichik_Chaya wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:56 pm
briefcasemanx wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:11 pm Yeah I'm with you with the time aspect. I still have zero idea how anyone gets it done in a few hours.
Reading what you wrote the famous Bruce Lee quote ”Be like water, my friend” from an interview came to mind.
Ah, the good Taoism, in 2500 years old quote:
"The best is like water. Water is good; it benefits all things and does not compete with them"
https://tao-in-you.com/water-has-no-sha ... any-shape/
I think Bruce Lee meant the adaptivity.
Everything that takes place in OSC is all this! :)

There's the element of adaptivity when limited to only one synth.
Some entries also make the actual synth adapt to their needs to fit a certain style/genre: “Here you are!  If you want to deal with the ever-changing world, be as pliable and yielding as water,” said the master. “So that you can stay close to the reality.”

Emptying the mind and being in a ”flow state of mind” equals Concentration:
”You should, on the other hand, be as focused and consistent as water, so that you can penetrate a rock,” said the master, “This is Tao.”

Those who give high points to entries when voting probably feel like they were drinking the purest spring water or maybe transported to a very cozy and calm winter with soft snowing;)

Low points and maybe the entry felt like a hailstorm to the listener, or like slipping on ice or maybe even drowning… :cry:

Medium score = A nice river (but as a voter one is only passing by this nice, only ok, river) :hihi:

So not only the adaptivity aspect of water but also the concentration aspect. :tu: That is why something can be done from scratch in a few hours. :clap:
Fusion

Yes Yadrichik, we "discovered" that OSC is also TAO, adaptivity rules in that. \_/\_/

congrats schiing :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Return to “Instruments”