from the ashes [soundtrack, electronic, remix] (new version of previous track)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

after some serious feedback - i cut everything out, what didn't impress me from second 1 - and put something else in. it's not perfect, but it is as good as i can do it (right now with my equipment).
but i like it a lot NOW - for what it is. thanks to everyone who was listening. and maybe you listen again and tell me your opinion. btw. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY :party:

https://soundcloud.com/treib-haus-81860 ... -the-ashes

---------
DOWN FROM HERE: the old stuff... version 0.8 alpha :hihi:
Hello all,

I could write now what I thought
... and what happened then
... and how I think about it now
... and how I thought about it yesterday
... and how ...

Probably no one is interested anyway. :cry:

So "listen in" or leave it alone. Any comment (and listen) is highly appreciated.

Everyone happy holidays and good health.

P.S.: the kick-drum feels too heavy on headphones to me. can someone say what's wrong with it?
is something overcompressed? too much sub? ... it's getting really frustrating nowadays :D

https://soundcloud.com/treib-haus-81860 ... oject-3000
Last edited by tomtom1 on Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

For some reason the intro made me think of the movie The Fifth Element instantly. I can't tell you why.

Solid track!
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

eassae wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:42 pm For some reason the intro made me think of the movie The Fifth Element instantly. I can't tell you why.
:) ... i have no idea either - doensn't have any connection to the movie. but this reminds me that i could rewatch it. liked it in the past.
eassae wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:42 pm Solid track!
:borg: is solid the "interesting" in classical musician circles ?? - i hope not :) - i can tell you, never say: oh it's an interesting interpretion to a classical musician ... :D (at least in germany)

i have to admit, it is not my strongest track. i was motivated and happy at the beginning of the making, but then slowly the positive feeling decreased and decreased and...

anyway: thanks a lot for listening!
myself in 2022

tomtom1 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:34 am :borg: is solid the "interesting" in classical musician circles ?? - i hope not :) - i can tell you, never say: oh it's an interesting interpretion to a classical musician ... :D (at least in germany)
For me "Solid" is a well mixed, well put together track, where my listening experience isn't interrupted by anything technical throwing me off and everything seems to flow from beginning to end. Admittedly I think some of your other pieces you've posted here have interest me musically to a greater degree.

Hopefully that's not too offensive my friend :hug:
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

eassae wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:34 pm
tomtom1 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:34 am :borg: is solid the "interesting" in classical musician circles ?? - i hope not :) - i can tell you, never say: oh it's an interesting interpretion to a classical musician ... :D (at least in germany)
For me "Solid" is a well mixed, well put together track, where my listening experience isn't interrupted by anything technical throwing me off and everything seems to flow from beginning to end. Admittedly I think some of your other pieces you've posted here have interest me musically to a greater degree.

Hopefully that's not too offensive my friend :hug:
ha ha no no... was just questioning myself what solid means... you know other language and so on... gets me confusing sometimes.

You know, all of these tracks that i mix and that come to my mind, it's all just free time for me. i have absolutely no higher ambitions (admittedly: sometimes i dream that at least one track might end up on a label's sampler, but i would have to be a lot more active myself).

tonight i will have to play some classical pieces and we will perform some movements of sonatas of Loillet for alto recorder and basso continuo, during a service. that's my job. and that's where I try to be good - (that would be critical if you critize my performances :D - luckily we do "live" music :) ) . of course i try to be good with my pop songs too. however, i'm so overly critical that in the end i think only 5 of all my tracks are good. that annoys me ... but is then forgotten again - when I'm sitting on a real instrument.
myself in 2022

Yeah, good sci-fi movie atmosphere without a doubt...enjoyed it!

Opening is very strong indeed...great overall groove and a striking, rising motif.

Melody that arrives just before 40 secs is a great addition, but I think the actual sound maybe needs an extra sustained layer underneath the trill-like sound to help it cut through?

For me, from 60 secs or so it loses its way a little tiny bit in terms of catchy melodic hooks when compared to the strong main theme?

Powerful ending with that extra synth lead melody above it all.

Production-wise it's all nicely balanced, but with possibly a little bit too much frequency cross-over between some layers + it's possibly just a little bit lacking in depth from front to back of the soundstage.
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

ChameleonMusic wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 11:53 pm Yeah, good sci-fi movie atmosphere without a doubt...enjoyed it!

Opening is very strong indeed...great overall groove and a striking, rising motif.

Melody that arrives just before 40 secs is a great addition, but I think the actual sound maybe needs an extra sustained layer underneath the trill-like sound to help it cut through?

For me, from 60 secs or so it loses its way a little tiny bit in terms of catchy melodic hooks when compared to the strong main theme?

Powerful ending with that extra synth lead melody above it all.

Production-wise it's all nicely balanced, but with possibly a little bit too much frequency cross-over between some layers + it's possibly just a little bit lacking in depth from front to back of the soundstage.
hi Mark, thanks for your detailed feedback and that on the 26.12. :) . i agree with almost everything you said. it loses focus and then too "much" is happening - that also means that I actually no longer "master" the mix (and then thinking about the soundstage... no chance for me :D )
but i'm glad it's not a total failure. measured against the fact that I usually prefer to keep my music reduced and compact.
myself in 2022

Very good tune with several unexpected touches which maintained my interest throughout.

I feel the mix is a bit mid-bass heavy and consequently muddy in that frequency range.

Nice work! :tu:

Frantz wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:48 am Very good tune with several unexpected touches which maintained my interest throughout.

I feel the mix is a bit mid-bass heavy and consequently muddy in that frequency range.

Nice work! :tu:
argh you listened to early :D :hihi:

hello Frantz thanks a lot for your comment (and that you even commented on soundcloud).
overall i wasn't so satisfied with the piece, and mr. t. 's comment gave me the final push ( :tu:) that i made some kind of a remix. if you have time, you are welcome to listen again... happy new year!
myself in 2022

I listened to the new version, the mix is clearer and improved. I think certain parts (which I liked) were removed making it less varied, more streamlined.

Frantz wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:01 am I think certain parts (which I liked) were removed
:o
:-o
:shock:
:cry:

wasn't planned like that.

seems we have different tastes :lol: - it is hard to match everyone's
Frantz wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:01 am I listened to the new version, the mix is clearer and improved
thanks, i did my best. it's not easy for me to hear clashing frequencies if i know the track inside out.
i was so used to it.
thanks that you took some time to listen again. very appreciated!
myself in 2022

Bombastic Electro anthem featuring loads of Schmaltz. If I need to get up after a drunken night I'll give it another try. Nice approach!

htcnext2 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:29 pm Bombastic Electro anthem featuring loads of Schmaltz. If I need to get up after a drunken night I'll give it another try. Nice approach!
Schmaltz? :lol:
I don't know how you recognized that? the strings? maybe it is a bit over the top :)

Please, no no no... don't drink - listen sober :)

thx for your time and comment!
myself in 2022

tomtom1 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:28 am after some serious feedback - i cut everything out, what didn't impress me from second 1 - and put something else in. it's not perfect, but it is as good as i can do it (right now with my equipment).
This is sounding really good. :tu:
eassae.com

eassae wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:26 pm
tomtom1 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:28 am after some serious feedback - i cut everything out, what didn't impress me from second 1 - and put something else in. it's not perfect, but it is as good as i can do it (right now with my equipment).
This is sounding really good. :tu:
Hi essae, thank you for stopping by again. I listened to it on several systems this time. That really "brings" something - but it is really time-consuming. Btw. did you listen on your Genelecs?
myself in 2022

Return to “Music Cafe”