[FREE] ConvertWithMoss - convert from/to WAV,Bitwig,SFZ,SF2,DecentSampler,MPC/Force,Wave-/Modwave/KMP,NKI,EXS) v8.5.1

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jackmuta wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:20 am Quick follow up. I was able to convert the the .sfz file to one with usable velocity layers by using an sfz editor (polyphone was giving me errors trying to import the wavs so I used sfzed). Seems the program took away a lot of the other code that seemed useful in your conversion so this is only a temporary fix but here's the updated sfz using sfzed:
Did you configure the layer detecion pattern accordingly? In your case " *" (without the quotes) should work.

moss wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:58 pm Did you configure the layer detecion pattern accordingly? In your case " *" (without the quotes) should work.
I hadn't before, no, but unfortunately that still doesn't remedy the issue. I tried " *", "*", and "_*" individually (without quotations) and I'm still getting the same output each time. Not sure if you saw my first post right before the one you responded but this is all relating to an .xpm file.

So, for example, in my .xpm file for the midi note C1 (#36) I have two velocity layers in stereo wav format. Here are the exact file names: "ptrnd2-036 C1 064.WAV" and "ptrnd2-036 C1 128.WAV" where you can see the 064 and 128 are the velocity values. Does the schema only work if the text/numbers that precede the velocity values are identical? I also tried inputting placeholders so in the layer detection field typed "ptrnd2-xx xx *" but no luck there either.

I'm sorry if I'm being dense. I poured through the manual and even went back through some of your previous youtube videos talking about the layer detection patterns and still can't figure it out. If I need to batch rename all my wavs for each .xpm library I can do that I was just hoping to avoid adding an additional step for each library.

Ok one more update! So I was able to correctly convert the WAV files with 2 velocity layers by going to the WAV tab, entering " *" into the layer detection field, and clicking the "Prefer folder name" checkbox. I realized running an analysis on the wav file tab showed a couldn't detect name error prior to this so using the folder name checkbox seemed to fix it. However, I'm still unable to convert correctly from the .xpm file type using the MPC Keygroup tab, even with the correct entries in the WAV file tab. Looking at the wav->SFZ file in a text editor, it looks like I'm losing some mapping data by converting it from WAV instead of .xpm. Based on this info, any idea how to get the .xpm conversion to work with multiple velocity layers?

jackmuta wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:38 am Ok one more update! So I was able to correctly convert the WAV files with 2 velocity layers by going to the WAV tab, entering " *" into the layer detection field, and clicking the "Prefer folder name" checkbox. I realized running an analysis on the wav file tab showed a couldn't detect name error prior to this so using the folder name checkbox seemed to fix it. However, I'm still unable to convert correctly from the .xpm file type using the MPC Keygroup tab, even with the correct entries in the WAV file tab. Looking at the wav->SFZ file in a text editor, it looks like I'm losing some mapping data by converting it from WAV instead of .xpm. Based on this info, any idea how to get the .xpm conversion to work with multiple velocity layers?
Seems I misread your first post. Could you send me one of the problematic xpm files? PM me.

moss wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:06 am Seems I misread your first post. Could you send me one of the problematic xpm files? PM me.
Done, thanks.

jackmuta wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:38 pm
moss wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:06 am Seems I misread your first post. Could you send me one of the problematic xpm files? PM me.
Done, thanks.
The velocity range was not read correctly, will be fixed in the next update. I just did a build on GitHub in case you want to get it from there.

moss wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:07 pm
jackmuta wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:38 pm
Done, thanks.
The velocity range was not read correctly, will be fixed in the next update. I just did a build on GitHub in case you want to get it from there.
That's great! Not too familiar with compiling and running java so I'll just wait for the fully packaged update release. Thanks again, Moss. This is an awesome program!

Last edited by Synthack on Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
.... ...

Gave it a try as it could be potentially extremely useful to me but unfortunately, the Wav to other format conversion doesn't work. My samples look like this: violin_a2.wav, violin_a3.wav, etc. and I get this error:

"Detecting and converting multisamples...

Analyzing: C:\Users\sampl\OneDrive\Bureau\In\Violin
Could not detect a name.

Finished."

Any idea of what I'm doing wrong? I'm on Windows 11.

If I use an Sf2 with the same wav files in it as a source it does work though.

SampleScience wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:43 pm Gave it a try as it could be potentially extremely useful to me but unfortunately, the Wav to other format conversion doesn't work. My samples look like this: violin_a2.wav, violin_a3.wav, etc. and I get this error:

"Detecting and converting multisamples...

Analyzing: C:\Users\sampl\OneDrive\Bureau\In\Violin
Could not detect a name.

Finished."

Any idea of what I'm doing wrong? I'm on Windows 11.

If I use an Sf2 with the same wav files in it as a source it does work though.
Thanks for reporting. This is a bug and will be fixed in the next update.

For the time being you can enable "Prefer folder name" as a workaround.

ConvertWithMoss 4.7.1 is online!
  • Fixed: WAV: Name detection was broken (if 'Prefer folder name' was off).
  • Fixed: Akai XPM: Velocity range was not read correctly.
Enjoy!

Great! Now it works as intended.

I have a question, if the samples don't cover all the notes, are they stretched to the closest notes to fill the gaps?

Thank you for your work, it's a very useful tool to the community.

SampleScience wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:43 pm I have a question, if the samples don't cover all the notes, are they stretched to the closest notes to fill the gaps?
Yes.

Would love to see XRNI (Renoise Instrument) export on this! The format is open and documented. It is basically a zipped XML with media files. The schema files (XSD) are being distributed with the installation...at least on Linux but I assume this is the case for the other OSes as well.

Trying to download using the link in the first post, but site not found. Anyone know what to do?

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”