[FREE] ConvertWithMoss - convert from/to WAV,Bitwig,SFZ,SF2,DecentSampler,MPC/Force,Wave-/Modwave/KMP,NKI,EXS) v9.0.1

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No problem. But I'd be happy to buy an Amigo license for you if you become interested (all £10 of it, what a generous guy I am ;)).

Uncle E wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:29 pm No problem. But I'd be happy to buy an Amigo license for you if you become interested (all £10 of it, what a generous guy I am ;)).
Since we are talking about translations, would you ever consider selling your JRR Sounds libraries you have for sale in different formats, specifically as soundfont or sfz?
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

audiojunkie wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:44 pm Since we are talking about translations, would you ever consider selling the libraries you have for sale in different formats, such as soundfont or sfz?
Are there any formats that can be added without increasing the download size? For example, nki, sxt, exs, fxp, and kt3 can all reference the same samples but soundfonts embed the samples, thus doubling the download size.

FWIW, ConvertWithMoss works perfectly with my sample libraries.

Uncle E wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:17 pm
audiojunkie wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:44 pm Since we are talking about translations, would you ever consider selling the libraries you have for sale in different formats, such as soundfont or sfz?
Are there any formats that can be added without increasing the download size? For example, nki, sxt, exs, fxp, and kt3 can all reference the same samples but soundfonts embed the samples, thus doubling the download size.

FWIW, ConvertWithMoss works perfectly with my sample libraries.
Does it?! Cool! Which format do you recommend starting from to get the most complete translation?
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

I'll test tonight.

audiojunkie wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:21 pm Does it?! Cool! Which format do you recommend starting from to get the most complete translation?
ConvertWithMoss seems to be doing an equally great job of converting my samples to SFZ and TAL. All you need to do is move the nki into the sample folder first. The best part is they can reference the original wav's, so I can add SFZ support to my current libraries without noticeably increasing download sizes.

Uncle E wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:29 am
audiojunkie wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:21 pm Does it?! Cool! Which format do you recommend starting from to get the most complete translation?
ConvertWithMoss seems to be doing an equally great job of converting my samples to SFZ and TAL. All you need to do is move the nki into the sample folder first. The best part is they can reference the original wav's, so I can add SFZ support to my current libraries without noticeably increasing download sizes.
That's great! I suggest you do that, so that people can know that SFZ is available too! I just finished picking up a 40Gb library that someone made. But now that I know that you are adding SFZ support (and that ConvertWithMoss can also convert them), I'll be planning on picking some up! :D

Just as an aside--People think there isn't much out there for SFZ, but there's actually a lot! I personally have close to 200Gb of SFZ instruments. There are a lot of high quality samples out there, if people are willing to put in the work to convert and tweak them. Who needs a rompler when we've got samplers? No one! :D

By the way, doesn't Tal-Sampler have a non-monolithic sample format as well? I thought that was the case. :?

audiojunkie wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:46 pm By the way, doesn't Tal-Sampler have a non-monolithic sample format as well?
Yes, you’re right!

Uncle E wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:09 pm
audiojunkie wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:46 pm By the way, doesn't Tal-Sampler have a non-monolithic sample format as well?
Yes, you’re right!
Cool! Now you can add SFZ AND Tal-Sampler's format, and not add any extra space. :D

Edit: While you're at it, you might as well add the Decent Sampler format as well:

DecentSampler (*.dspreset, *.dslibrary)

It doesn't use any extra space either. :)

ConvertWithMoss 8.0 is online!

Get it from https://mossgrabers.de
  • Added support for reading and writing Logic EXS24 files.
  • Fixed: Font color of logger in light mode was wrong.
  • NKI - Read
    • Fixed: A proper error message will be output if a sample file is missing.
https://youtu.be/zF7klOfKhNA

Enjoy!

Wow! You actually pulled it off! Where did you find the specs?! 8) :tu:

Converting from EXS seems to be much better than converting from NKI:
  • Retains file names
    Doesn't need to be in same folder as audio files
Is it possible to define the name of the output sample folder? This would help with files not being found. For example, instead of adding " Samples" at the end, add "_samples".

audiojunkie wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:57 pm Wow! You actually pulled it off! Where did you find the specs?! 8) :tu:
Found this: https://github.com/jonkubis/exstools4
... and some additional head scratching

Uncle E wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:06 pm Converting from EXS seems to be much better than converting from NKI:
Retains file names
Not sure what you mean, sample file names should be the same?!
Uncle E wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:06 pm Doesn't need to be in same folder as audio files
Hmm, could make sense to add a similar search in case there were absolute paths stored in the NKI.
Uncle E wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:06 pm Is it possible to define the name of the output sample folder? This would help with files not being found. For example, instead of adding " Samples" at the end, add "_samples".
EXS output stores the samples in the same folder, so not sure what you mean.

moss wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:06 pm ConvertWithMoss 8.0 is online!
Get it from https://mossgrabers.de
Thank you, Moss! :party:

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”