Wotja 22 - Generative Music App & Plug-in Host (Free, Pro; AUv3 / VST3)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Wotja 22 Pro Wotja: Generative Music System

JamminFool wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:26 pm that is great news! i can't wait to see it in action. thank you for the amazing support.
You're very welcome! Thanks to your reports, it all got fixed.

Of course, I expect at *least* a 6 star review from you now :tu: :D
so am i correct in understanding that there was an issue in wotja AND an issue in Waveform with the experimental engine, or was it just the experimental engine all along?

because i have it turned on also (it is suggested during install), but i was able to get midi out working fine using Reason Rack while the experimental engine was selected, so i'm a little confused about the details.
I think it was a combination of the two. I was able to tidy-up MIDI event interaction with the DAW, which solved the Tracktion issue. However, it only worked when I turned-off the Experimental engine!

Best wishes, Pete

impete wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:59 pm
I think it was a combination of the two. I was able to tidy-up MIDI event interaction with the DAW, which solved the Tracktion issue. However, it only worked when I turned-off the Experimental engine!
hmm, that is odd, since (as I mentioned) Waveform is able to receive MIDI from Reason Rack without requiring the experimental engine to be off.

I have one more bug to report. Using Wotja standalone, if I have a mix using a plugin and I have the plugin window open, when I close the flow, Wotja crashes after displaying the window asking if I want to save the changes. It does not happen if I remember to close the plugin window first.

courtjestr wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:19 am I have one more bug to report. Using Wotja standalone, if I have a mix using a plugin and I have the plugin window open, when I close the flow, Wotja crashes after displaying the window asking if I want to save the changes. It does not happen if I remember to close the plugin window first.
it happens here too.

JamminFool wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:26 pm that is great news! i can't wait to see it in action. thank you for the amazing support.
You're very welcome! Thanks to your reports, it all got fixed.

so am i correct in understanding that there was an issue in wotja AND an issue in Waveform with the experimental engine, or was it just the experimental engine all along?

because i have it turned on also (it is suggested during install), but i was able to get midi out working fine using Reason Rack while the experimental engine was selected, so i'm a little confused about the details.

Best wishes, Pete
I wonder if the issue with Studio One is similar to Tracktion Waveform.
I put a midi monitor on the output of Wotja in Studio One. I can see CC and Program Change messages coming through, but no note messages. I wonder if there is an issue with the note messages and Studio One is discarding them.

courtjestr wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:12 am I wonder if the issue with Studio One is similar to Tracktion Waveform.
I put a midi monitor on the output of Wotja in Studio One. I can see CC and Program Change messages coming through, but no note messages. I wonder if there is an issue with the note messages and Studio One is discarding them.
I think you're probably right!

I *think* one of our Beta testers has Studio One, so hopefully we'll know soon!

Pete

I just heard back "Just did a quick test with Studio One and Wotja 22.0.11 beta and MIDI routing now works!! Congrats !!!"

So - excellent :)

Pete

you deserve it! i really appreciate your fast, friendly responses. and always with a positive attitude. :)

JamminFool wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:31 am
you deserve it! i really appreciate your fast, friendly responses. and always with a positive attitude. :)
:tu:

Hi,

is it not possible to use our own vst plugins as a sound source when using Wotja within a DAW? Even whith the paid version?

enCiphered wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:01 am Hi,

is it not possible to use our own vst plugins as a sound source when using Wotja within a DAW? Even whith the paid version?
yes, you need to route the midi out of wotja and into a track containing your VST.

which DAW are you using?

JamminFool wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:03 am
enCiphered wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:01 am Hi,

yes, you need to route the midi out of wotja and into a track containing your VST.

which DAW are you using?
Thanks for your reply, my friend. I´m asking because I got a pop-up that only the Wotja App for Windows does support plugin hosting, which I do not want to use.
I´m using the latest Bitwig Studio version.

right. the stand-alone hosts your VSTs but the VST3 version does not. instead, you load the Wotja VST3 into your DAW on one track, then load the instrument(s) you want to use as sound sources on another track(s).

then use your DAW's MIDI routing to send the MIDI from the track containing Wotja to the appropriate track(s) containing your desired instruments.

depending on your DAW (sorry, i'm not familiar with Bitwig) you can do the MIDI routing by MIDI channel, sending each Generator from within Wotja to a separate VST in your DAW (some don't support this).

if your DAW supports MIDI out, but not MIDI channel routing, then you will have to use a multi-timbral VSTi (like Kontakt, for example) on the receiving track (as the sound source) and do the channel routing inside the instrument.

As a side-note: Ableton Live DOES support MIDI routing, but not by MIDI channel. Worse, it maps all the channels to channel 1 so you can't even use a multi-timbral instrument properly.

Hm, this didn´t work for me. I routed the midi-out of Wotja to my instruments midi-input and I have a clear signal showing in the mixer (Wotja track). But I can´t hear anything.

hmmm, that's odd. according to the chart posted a few pages back in this thread, Bitwig should work.
are you sure the MIDI is getting to the instrument track?

maybe someone more familiar with Bitwig will step in to help.

Return to “Instruments”