One Synth Challenge #155: Any One Synth (Photonic Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jemaudio wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:22 pm Congrats to Photonic and all the other winners. There were many amazing tracks that I will continue to listen to for a long time. I'm quite excited with my placing this round and wish everyone in this community to keep up the motivation of making great music. :phones: :tu:
Fully agree! :)
So happy you made the top 5! :party:
I have a feeling #156 will be my favorite OSC with plenty of great tracks in all kinds of genres - There's already really great Synister entries - eventhough many have mostly complained about Synister :hihi: Hope you enter this month with something epic! :-D
Fusion

Wow, I've just come home to see how OSC#155 turned out... and I'm speechless, I'm so happy about the 3rd place :hyper:

First of all: congratulations to Photonic, The Sound Of Merlin, zachy9 and jemaudio, great and exciting tracks :tu:

And congratulations to everyone else OSCler for the great and inspiring tracks with a lot of synths unknown to me :party:

As prizes I would like "Dmitry Sches Diversion" if The Sound Of Merlin doesn't choose it, otherwise I would like "JRR Shop : UVI: Digital Synsations"

I wish everyone a great week and thank you for your great review of my rotation track
K
https://soundcloud.com/kraftraum
-8<-------------------
Take it or break it!

Immanencer wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:34 pm ...
All hats off to Photonic, who I'm really hoping will now reveal secrets as to how in the blazes ACE can be made to sound like an utterly convincing sax! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Enquiring novices want to know :o
Hi @Immanencer: I do not know if you own ACE. But this synth has a lot possibilities, other synths do not have. One of the key features here was the input drive of the filters. I put a narrow pulse thru the first filter, shaping it and send it to the second one, with a lot of satturation of the filter input. The signal is mixed before in multiples (like a mixer) with a noise burst . Than some VCA modulation synced with vibrato. The batch looks complicated, and I do not remember the meaning of all cables used. I spent a lot of time finding all those sweet spots of all parameters. Changing some of them just a bit, and the sound breaks down.

The Ted Mountainé Orchestra sent me a comment on SC, that the last three OSC winners won with a funky track. I was not aware of that, but it is true and fun!
soundcloud.com/photonic-1

Double Tap wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:09 pm Well done everyone - it was a very high quality month!
Agreed! Congrats, all!

photonic wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:43 pm
Immanencer wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:34 pm ...
All hats off to Photonic, who I'm really hoping will now reveal secrets as to how in the blazes ACE can be made to sound like an utterly convincing sax! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Enquiring novices want to know :o
Hi @Immanencer: I do not know if you own ACE. But this synth has a lot possibilities, other synths do not have. One of the key features here was the input drive of the filters. I put a narrow pulse thru the first filter, shaping it and send it to the second one, with a lot of satturation of the filter input. The signal is mixed before in multiples (like a mixer) with a noise burst . Than some VCA modulation synced with vibrato. The batch looks complicated, and I do not remember the meaning of all cables used. I spent a lot of time finding all those sweet spots of all parameters. Changing some of them just a bit, and the sound breaks down.
@Photonic, thank you so much for this explanation!! I kind of figured that there was a "sweet spot" but had no idea where to even start. I don't yet own ACE but have some other subtractive semi-modular soft synths, so I think I follow what you're saying here. Filter input drive is something that I haven't delved into much yet, ditto for narrow pulses, but I will have a go. (And if U-he keeps having sales every few years, eventually I'll own ACE too!) Here's to funky tracks :tu:

:D Dear all new friends,

My apologies for responding this late. I moved from house to house and my log on stuff for this forum was on the computer that was down for 2 days. The OSC 155 was a wonderful one with some great and surprising entries. The welcoming was so warm and friendly. Photonic did a marvelous job programming the ACE but also musically his track was very good. There were some more wonderful entries. It's great to be here. Thank you all!

On my laptop I watched numerous videos comparing Synthmaster and Diversion as those were my favorites and I am so sorry Kraftraum but this morning I decided that Diversion is without any doubt my first choice. It's a wonderful sounding piece of software and Mr. Sches has spent over 10 years perfecting it. If I had known about this synth earlier I probably already would have purchased it years ago. So... My choice of prize will be DIVERSION by Dmitry Sches :D :D :D :love: :party:

The Sound Of Merlin wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:40 pm :D Dear all new friends,

On my laptop I watched numerous videos comparing Synthmaster and Diversion as those were my favorites and I am so sorry Kraftraum but this morning I decided that Diversion is without any doubt my first choice.
Haha, no problem man, that's why i am also take a look at Diversion. :D
Have a great weekend
K
https://soundcloud.com/kraftraum
-8<-------------------
Take it or break it!

I get to pick a prize right? I'll take the SoundGym 12 month subscription.

It also mentions a JRR soundset as a secondary prize—does that apply to all 5 winners, and does it include all the products on the linked page, even the larger collections? If so I'll take the "Orpheus Z-Plane Collection E-Mu Morpheus Sample Set"
https://www.jrrshop.com/jrr-sounds-orph ... sample-set

If that's not eligible let me know and I'll pick something else.

Congrats to the top 5. Amazing tracks.
Thanks to all the users that are voted for my song.

My turn to select a prize has come. I'll pick up the Bundle of Synthmaster from KV331 Audio.
Thank you everyone, and be safe! :tu:

Return to “Instruments”