The AI DAW

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

With advances in technology, one would have thought that DAWs could actually think for themselves and compose music. You pick the characteristics of the music you wish the program to perform and arrange on screen for you and the AI does the rest. Something like the browser feature with tags you can select. You can then watch in real-time how the AI performs the task. You could then use part of that AI created track or edit it the way you want.

For more fun, one could use the AI to create a game where you compete to produce a track. Each time you perform an action the AI performs it's alternate function based on it based upon an algorithm.
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

:borg:

you should be stopped!
we need a hero, vigilante, to take you down/in/away :)

Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

I‘d like my DAW to play that controller in front of me...
https://youtu.be/GJKdbGAF9H0

sometimes one can not stopp...
https://youtu.be/8piqd2BWeGI

I do wish DAWs would become AI augmented, but in a different way.
In a way that it tracks and learns my habits and starts suggesting / invoking actions / workflows automatically based on my said habits, so it's decidedly me, i'm in control, its just less manual labour.
I don't need it to compose music for me, but if I follow X with Y 95% of the time, please make it automatically and if it's the 5% of the time give me i can undo it.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:32 pm For more fun, one could use the AI to create a game where you compete to produce a track. Each time you perform an action the AI performs it's alternate function based on it based upon an algorithm.
I've seen a game somewhat like that, minus AI. A musical game, evolving according to your choices and actions...
But can't remember it's name

Sounds like description of Spotify or any other "music player": select prefered genre, play random track from the list. Done ;)
Outcome is the same: track is not made by you.

Ps. beware of technology like that. AI will make a track for you, you'll make lots of money on that track. 20 years later AI will come wit AI lawyer suing you for billions because AI is the author of that track;)

most humans are artificially intelligent anyway.

gaf_thit wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:11 pm
THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:32 pm For more fun, one could use the AI to create a game where you compete to produce a track. Each time you perform an action the AI performs it's alternate function based on it based upon an algorithm.
I've seen a game somewhat like that, minus AI. A musical game, evolving according to your choices and actions...
But can't remember it's name
Simon Says maybe ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLi1qnRmpe4
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Presonus has the potential to implement an AI system or at least feel like one in Studio One using the macro and multi song capability. This could be vie a script that could be randomly generated so the results one performs would always be different based on the probability percentage one sets and the set of instruments and effects one wants the "AI" system to use.

i hope they don't

http://saceml.deepsound.net/article_jcl.html

do not find about midal in english yet...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”