Audiority updates Space Station UM282 to v1.4 - Vintage Echo Reverb Plugin - VST2, VST3, AU, AAX, CLAP

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Space Station UM282

We are happy to announce to you our new release: Space Station UM282

The Space Station UM282 is a faithful simulation of the Ursa Major Space Station SST-282, a late 70’s echo and reverb unit.

Unlike other reverberation devices from that era, the Space Station used delay techniques to transform a mono signal into a new reverberated stereo signal.

Where traditional delay units of the past have only one or two taps, the Space Station has many: 8 taps are used for listening and the others are used to synthesize the reverberation.

That’s why the Space Station has been the secret weapon of many producers and engineers over the years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVIVs2XCo9M

Specifications
  • Faithfully modeled on original hardware
  • Single Multi-tap Delay Line
  • 8 Audition Taps
  • 16 Audition Delay Programs
  • Up to 255ms delay time (extendable to 2.55 secs)
  • Up to 3.5s reverb time
  • Reduced bandwidth (20Hz-7kHz)
  • Echo Sync
  • Full Stereo Mode
  • Echo Only Mode
  • Delay Extension
  • Ducking
  • Resizable interface
Price: €65/$65

Polaris owners can get an additional discount. Check out your User Area account.

More info: https://www.audiority.com/shop/space-station-um282/

Cheers,
Luca
Last edited by Audiority on Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:34 am, edited 8 times in total.

┐( ̄ヘ ̄)┌
Last edited by Autobot on Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rabbit in a hole

┐( ̄ヘ ̄)┌
Last edited by Autobot on Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rabbit in a hole

No IRs has been used for the Space Station. Everything is purely algorithmic. About the CPU, it consumes about 5% on my 2013 Mac Pro, 44.100/512.

Cheers,
Luca

┐( ̄ヘ ̄)┌
Last edited by Autobot on Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rabbit in a hole

Hi, loving the sound of this and will buy.
Regarding CPU use. On an M1 MacBook Pro approx 3% normal 5% high quality.

Thanks Rick

The Original Demo Cassette Tape

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EndHKbNsAus
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

So what's the overlap and differences between this and polaris? Saw the discount for polaris owners.

Been waitin for an Ursa Major Space Station emulation. Can't wait to try it. :hyper:

Aloysius wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:20 am The Original Demo Cassette Tape

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EndHKbNsAus
This is wonderful.

(Plugin demo sounds good too!)

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:48 pm So what's the overlap and differences between this and polaris? Saw the discount for polaris owners.
Polaris has been inspired by the 282 but, back then, I hadn't any chance to find the real hardware. The signal path is also different, especially the way all taps interacts. You can hear that in how the reverb tail differs between the two plugins. Furthermore, Polaris has some more editing possibilities. The Space Station, while having some extras compared to the hardware, is a strict simulation of the original machine, including the reduced bandwidth. Here's a screenshot comparing the frequency response of the hardware (blue) and the plugin (red). :D You surely can't get that close with Polaris.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I seem to get a Pavlovian response when I see a new Audiority release.

Tail wagging and everything.

I had an opportunity to use a Space Station in the studio back in the day. Glad to see this one. Was an instant purchase. Still not seeing it in my Audiority account after half an hour though. All good if that's to be expected, just hoping it didn't get lost in the sauce.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:02 pm I had an opportunity to use a Space Station in the studio back in the day. Glad to see this one. Was an instant purchase. Still not seeing it in my Audiority account after half an hour though. All good if that's to be expected, just hoping it didn't get lost in the sauce.
Be sure to place the order with the same email address you have for your User Area account, otherwise it won't show. Please, send me a ticket with the email address you used, so I can check where your order is.

Cheers,
Luca

nioce. you do good echo units luca. I use delight all the time.

Return to “Effects”