Looking for expressive small-sized h/w instrument

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

elxsound wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:46 am
pekbro wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:20 pm
elxsound wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:57 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:47 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:49 pm
Constructed Identity wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:45 am SOMA Labs ENNER
https://youtu.be/ztBzxAocefA
soma do make some lovely and interesting machines 8)
dammit!
now ive set up an alert for release :o :party:
I want one of these too
Did they actually release that? They say you can order it, but I signed up to be notified about
it's availability quite some time ago. :shrug: long before the cosmos, which is already available,
though I changed my mind and flaked on the pre-order...
The site reads strangely (IMO). It seems you can order but have to contact them directly in order to purchase because it’s handled strictly through their Russian operations. So I’m guessing it’s still in a preorder phase but obviously they’ve got out a core group for all the social media buzz business.

Are there maybe regulations that prevent them from releasing it any differently? There’s some strange info that I don’t see about other touch capacitive enabled instruments
Yeah I dunno, IME they can usually ship stuff cheaper from Russia, weirdly. I expect regulations
in Russia are a bit lighter than some. If they exist at all :lol:

btw: how come you're not participating in vurt's fuzz-off? I wish to hear those mad guitar skills.
(or whatever) I know you got the fuzz pedals :tu:

*I considered offering up a prize, but figured vurt would just declare himself the winner at that
point. :lol: jk. Anyway, it's not a competition I think, but rather an expo, pretty interesting if
you ask me.

sry for OT...

pekbro wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:17 am

dammit!
I want one of these too
Did they actually release that? They say you can order it, but I signed up to be notified about
it's availability quite some time ago. :shrug: long before the cosmos, which is already available,
The site reads strangely (IMO). It seems you can order but have to contact them directly in order to purchase because it’s handled strictly through their Russian operations. So I’m guessing it’s still in a preorder phase but obviously they’ve got out a core group for all the social media buzz business.

Are there maybe regulations that prevent them from releasing it any differently? There’s some strange info that I don’t see about other touch capacitive enabled instruments
Yeah I dunno, IME they can usually ship stuff cheaper from Russia, weirdly. I expect regulations

btw: how come you're not participating in vurt's fuzz-off? I wish to hear those mad guitar skills.
(or whatever) I know you got the fuzz pedals :tu:

*I considered offering up a prize, but figured vurt would just declare himself the winner at that
point. :lol: jk. Anyway, it's not a competition I think, but rather an expo, pretty interesting if
you ask me.

sry for OT...
I actually want to (minus the mad guitar skills). I see Dark Side hasn’t made an appearance and it needs one

elxsound wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:53 am I actually want to (minus the mad guitar skills). I see Dark Side hasn’t made an appearance and it needs one
Alright! :borg:

you ask me.

sry for OT...
ha! feel free to offer something, but you have to sort some sort of competition element too? as far as im concerned, yup, its more about showing off fuzz! but if people want to do things within that, little contests or whatever, then go for it!
the more people you can encourage to post "fuzz" the better!

i think ive already shown guitar skills are not a requirement :lol:

but for sure, been quite interesting so far. my wallet was looking a little worried earlier :hihi:

dammit!
I want one of these too

i think its more them selling stuff outside, its difficult because everyone has russia under various sanctions in trade, not sure how it effects different areas and markets tbh.
when i ordered the delay, i went direct, as i was finding the same deal as here, everywhere waiting on stock...
turns out they hand build to order, well a lot of the things are.
but they do have a second team in poland i believe who can do some of the other builds too (the ether was one you can get from poland)

Constructed Identity wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:45 am SOMA Labs ENNER
https://youtu.be/ztBzxAocefA
dammit!
I want one of these too
In Soviet Russia they don't release sythEEsizer, they stage troops at the border and DARE you to pay first !!!

aye, not the the place for the discussion, but im a little wary of ordering out of russia at the minute.

nothing to do with soma obviously, dealt with them before, lovely people.
we just don't know how import/export might go if things get worse.
especially if there's a wait on building it.

SparkySpark wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:13 pm Thanks so much for all replies so far. Hopefully this can turn out to be an informative and inspirational thread. :tu:

Also interesting to see how little interest there is in the Orba. elxsound nails it, I guess, that there is only so much you can do with it. I like to think of it as a budget Roli or Linnstrument, but of course, it needs to be somewhat useful as well, and certainly it cannot be useful to their degree.
That Orba is simply brilliant, I might get one as I am a controller junky anyway. But what might fit as controller especially as you mention the LinnStrument is as Sensel Morph. I have one and made a LinstruMini out of it. Certainly cheaper than a LinnStrument or a Erae Touch, which both are comparatively big as well...
https://forum.sensel.com/t/my-6th-tunin ... t-mini/853

Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:34 pm That Orba is simply brilliant, I might get one as I am a controller junky anyway. But what might fit as controller especially as you mention the LinnStrument is as Sensel Morph. I have one and made a LinstruMini out of it. Certainly cheaper than a LinnStrument or a Erae Touch, which both are comparatively big as well...
https://forum.sensel.com/t/my-6th-tunin ... t-mini/853
Thanks! Seriously cool and your Linnstrument overlay was very groovy too. I bet they'd put it in production if they hadn't been doing copyright infringement.

So far, I have acquired a harmonica and a kazoo. :lol: If nothing else, they are really small, and if they get lost, then no worries. Am now investigating whether there is a need for a Zoom recorder, now that smartphone mics are getting so much better.
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Don’t forget to get a nose flute… And a Kalimba…

Tj Shredder wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:12 am Don’t forget to get a nose flute… And a Kalimba…
I have an electric Kalimba... quite versatile actually :)

pdxindy wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:58 pm
Tj Shredder wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:12 am Don’t forget to get a nose flute… And a Kalimba…
I have an electric Kalimba... quite versatile actually :)
As it happens, I looked at a kalimba as well... :wink:

When browsing this topic, I saw an ad for the "Perfect Circuit" shop. They have an abundance of controllers! MIDI, DAW and some others.

https://www.perfectcircuit.com/midi-con ... llers.html
Go MuLab!

Arturia Microbreak! I was never a synth person, always preferred acoustic instrument but..... Arturia Microbreak is so expressive and you create crazy sounds! Very compact and it's not that expensive. I liked it so much that I wish I had a Polybrute... could take me years to save those $3000 :(

Cowbell. Easy to carry. Very expressive.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:59 am Cowbell. Easy to carry. Very expressive.
Hmmm... Just spent a week in Zurich. Lots of cowbells in the tourist shops. How come I didn't think of that! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Go MuLab!

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”