Waves Diamond or Horizon or whate else ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is Diamond or Horizon the better choice for music production ?
What is your experience ?
Any recommendations ? I do not need VST instruments,
so IK Multimedia´s bundle would be too much for me and
I do not want a subscription!

I'd vote Abbey Road Collection.

heyheycnv wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:40 pm I'd vote Abbey Road Collection.
+1
add Retro Fi, CLA Epic, Ovox and Brauer Motion for some extra weirdness :love:
"It dreamed itself along"

mellotronaut wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:50 pm
heyheycnv wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:40 pm I'd vote Abbey Road Collection.
+1
add Retro Fi, CLA Epic, Ovox and Brauer Motion for some extra weirdness :love:
Ditto.

I use ADT all the time. Well, almost.

Actually, Renaissance Collection is old but really useful. I'd get that + ADT and MV2 - this one works wonders on vocals. Compressor and expander in one plugin.

k

You can just get IK T-RackS 5 MAX. You don't have to get the full Studio bundle.

Most Waves plugins are old and are showing their age. Many of the IK models are old too, but they've held up better, I think.
I think it's because Waves exaggerates the "character" of what they're modeling, so there's a lot more secret sauce in their plugins, and it's that sauce that's way past its sell by date. So a lot of Waves plugins sound lo-fi compared to their contemporaries.

The one Waves plugin I can endorse is the new SSL EV2.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Look into Waves WUP before buying any of their plugins. It can get seriously expensive.

They had some of the very best plugins at one time but a lot of different companies are making great plugins today. Maybe focus on what you need and then shop around.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

To compare the bundles
https://www.waves.com/compare-bundles

I would stick to Horizon.

Stay away from anything Waves.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

well, horizon has more stuff in it than diamond - but diamond has plenty for mixing purposes and contains most of the waves hits except for the CLA and Kramer stuff. given the price of diamond for the next 48hrs or so at dealers, that makes more sense as you could easily fill in the few extras you might want by buying singles at sale prices and claiming freebies.

that said, the WUP on diamond will almost certainly be more than what you pay for it new. so, consider if and when you might want or need to do that. (then again, the rate at which they are knocking out these sales, you might as well buy the bundle again new instead of WUping an existing one – and then only doing it after a few years).

antic604 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:05 pm Stay away from anything Waves.
+1

There are plenty of alternatives.

I still use plugins of Waves Horizon and especially like the old Renaissance plugins, RBass, RVox...and use these plugins in
every mix for many years.
A lot of plugins are simple with 1,2 or 3 knobs or sliders only, great for a fast workflow and pretty effective imo, but do not use Waves only, there are great other devs, too, of course.
I have made a video about Horizon using plugins on different instruments and 2Bus.
If 83 plugins are too many, you can also get Renaissance bundle or Abbey Road or CLA or API bundle etc. afaik.
https://youtu.be/_TzQ5BUGJkM

Mercury + Abbey Roads + Inspiring Instruments + Studio Classics
From time to time WUP for 160 bucks when on sale via Everplugin.
All new releases will be added without further costs.
That's the best deal.
You don't need a lot more.

PS: Studio Classics is not too important.

Plugintester wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:13 pm I still use plugins of Waves Horizon and especially like the old Renaissance plugins, RBass, RVox...and use these plugins in
every mix for many years.
A lot of plugins are simple with 1,2 or 3 knobs or sliders only, great for a fast workflow and pretty effective imo, but do not use Waves only, there are great other devs, too, of course.
I have made a video about Horizon using plugins on different instruments and 2Bus.
If 83 plugins are too many, you can also get Renaissance bundle or Abbey Road or CLA or API bundle etc. afaik.
https://youtu.be/_TzQ5BUGJkM
I also use some Waves plugins for many years and do not need every new released plugin. Cool video btw.
I do not understand the discussions about Waves WUP, though. Do you have to update? Don't old versions also run on current windows or mac versions?

I vote blackrooster bundle. I dont like Waves business model.

Return to “Effects”