Ocular : SIC

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
User avatar
jethrobull
KVRAF
Topic Starter
2448 posts since 5 Jun, 2011 from Preston, England, UK

Post Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:41 am

Last edited by jethrobull on Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

User avatar
yzcoruhT
KVRist
160 posts since 1 Jan, 2021

Post Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:28 pm

I like it. No way to download it?
AudioThing|Cableguys|Infected Mushrooms|Image-Line|Klanghelm|Stone Voices|TAL|Tokyo Dawn Records|Tritik|Toneboosters|Valhalla DSP|Voxengo|Youlean
Dmitry Sches|Surge Synth Team|u-he

User avatar
jethrobull
KVRAF
Topic Starter
2448 posts since 5 Jun, 2011 from Preston, England, UK

Post Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:45 pm

yzcoruhT wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:28 pm I like it. No way to download it?
Yes, here https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/track/ocular :tu:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
93804 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:50 pm

nice!
although, i did get a bit of the edge from u2 vibe at the very start :o
advertise in this space.
call for rates.
555-wndrlnd

User avatar
jethrobull
KVRAF
Topic Starter
2448 posts since 5 Jun, 2011 from Preston, England, UK

Post Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:54 pm

vurt wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:50 pm nice!
although, i did get a bit of the edge from u2 vibe at the very start :o
Thank you Sir! Well, U2 :scared:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
93804 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:55 pm

jethrobull wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:54 pm
vurt wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:50 pm nice!
although, i did get a bit of the edge from u2 vibe at the very start :o
Thank you Sir! Well, U2 :scared:
they werent too bad before bono decided he was god :shrug:
its just the dotted delay thing. :hihi:
advertise in this space.
call for rates.
555-wndrlnd

User avatar
jethrobull
KVRAF
Topic Starter
2448 posts since 5 Jun, 2011 from Preston, England, UK

Post Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:57 pm

vurt wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:55 pm
jethrobull wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:54 pm
vurt wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:50 pm nice!
although, i did get a bit of the edge from u2 vibe at the very start :o
Thank you Sir! Well, U2 :scared:
they werent too bad before bono decided he was god :shrug:
its just the dotted delay thing. :hihi:
So, he's not God? Shiiiiit :oops:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
20765 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Post Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:48 pm

Another one of my favorite artists here who I always love listening to. Love the intro how it builds up your anticipation. Not too short and not too long. Just right. And it just builds and builds oh so subtly. And then it pulls back. And then it unleashes towards the end. I think this is one of your more percussive pieces. At least the drums seem more prominent than usual. The pads have this real eerie vibe going. I gotta know what synths you used for this one. Oh, and the vocal. What is that?

Well done as uusual.

User avatar
jethrobull
KVRAF
Topic Starter
2448 posts since 5 Jun, 2011 from Preston, England, UK

Post Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:03 pm

wagtunes wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:48 pm Another one of my favorite artists here who I always love listening to. Love the intro how it builds up your anticipation. Not too short and not too long. Just right. And it just builds and builds oh so subtly. And then it pulls back. And then it unleashes towards the end. I think this is one of your more percussive pieces. At least the drums seem more prominent than usual. The pads have this real eerie vibe going. I gotta know what synths you used for this one. Oh, and the vocal. What is that?

Well done as uusual.
Thank you so much Wags. I always feel honoured when you drop by :)
The instruments used are... Deepmind 6, Behringer Pro 1 & Neutron. Vocals are a soundpack but I have a Male & Female vocalist coming on board :tu: Exciting times 8)
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

frank1985
KVRian
596 posts since 4 Jun, 2018 from Wiltshire, Uk

Post Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:11 pm

Really awesome hypnotic sounds

User avatar
eassae
KVRian
730 posts since 18 May, 2021

Post Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:01 am

Great evolution in this track. Nice work as always.
eassae.com
Audius | SoundCloud | NAUGHT
"Arts and crafts have been canceled due to poor taste"—Bill Murray, Meatballs

User avatar
tomtom1
KVRian
594 posts since 21 May, 2020 from germany

Post Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:50 am

U2 forever! Yeah! Dance!
BONO is the king of the world...

aem... wrong... thread... ? .. oh... okay...
go to getababyfrombono.com? ... okay... okay... i am off...

nice track btw :P
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

User avatar
jethrobull
KVRAF
Topic Starter
2448 posts since 5 Jun, 2011 from Preston, England, UK

Post Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:55 pm

frank1985 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:11 pm Really awesome hypnotic sounds
Thank you so much! :tu:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

User avatar
jethrobull
KVRAF
Topic Starter
2448 posts since 5 Jun, 2011 from Preston, England, UK

Post Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:15 pm

eassae wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:01 am Great evolution in this track. Nice work as always.
Thank you very much Sir :tu:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

User avatar
Medvedium
KVRist
43 posts since 8 Jan, 2022 from Великая Россия

Post Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:26 am

Mood is perfect, lovely tunes :clap:
Arrangement is perfect :tu:

But I have a few things to say about the sounds, may I?
Snare sounds plastic, probably it's overcompressed, and it dominates in the mix too much... Also maybe a layer of natural live snare would do - like dnb producers often (always?) do (according to their tutorials)
Kick - is hidden behind the snare, and besides loudnes it sounds too thin in comparison to the snare. Also probably group effects on a drum buss would do to glue the beat
Pads - well, seems like they are smth like an Omnisphere presets without tweaking - good but only halfway. Probably layering of pads would help - bottom layer, mid layer, side (glitchy) layer and top (disto) layer with modulations. UK trance master John 00 Fleming does 5-7 layers to his pads :idea:

My comment isn't in the mainstream here :scared:
But maybe it'll be helpful :)

Return to “Music Cafe”