What's so great about Melda ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fairlyclose wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:58 amI have n o idea why because the pricing is compleely transparent
IMO, its because they're guaranteed to be 50% off within 6 months if you just wait.

Which would be all and good if you could actually sell them for, say 40% of RRP and didnt have to fork over 20% of RRP as a transfer fee. But you do.

But people will lowball heavily even on an asking price of 40% of RRP. Ive been offered -less- than 20% of RRP, even though the cost of it was made clear.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:04 pm
fairlyclose wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:58 amI have n o idea why because the pricing is compleely transparent
IMO, its because they're guaranteed to be 50% off within 6 months if you just wait.

Which would be all and good if you could actually sell them for, say 40% of RRP and didnt have to fork over 20% of RRP as a transfer fee. But you do.

But people will lowball heavily even on an asking price of 40% of RRP. Ive been offered -less- than 20% of RRP, even though the cost of it was made clear.
same for me - that lowballing greedy shit leaves a bad taste.

Ploki wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:27 pm
MirkoVanHauten wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:25 pm They're cheap. But that's the only thing imo and also the issue. I ran into problems which I solved by buying something more expensive from other companies that then actually worked.
what for example? because they're not cheap at all.
Well the plugins are on at least 50% sale all the time and I don't think they're even worth that. The one good thing that changed over the years is, they don't look that cheap on first glance anymore.

But sure to name a few, MAutoAlign 15€ at some sale, told me for example my snare mics are 2m apart XD If I was lucky because it analyzed different distances on the same signal. Bought SoundRadix AutoAlign for 100€ on sale, worked like a charm, reliable, realistic. MRhythmizer for 25€ had massive sync and silence issues. Rather upgraded my FL Studio then to signature edition to contain Grossbeat. Still being used in almost all my projects. Ok, MTuner was free, GTune just worked much better. At some later point I didn't buy MUltraMaximizer, even when it was on sale for 25€, because I knew I should better look at the waves L2/L3. And in comparison they sound much cleaner, so I waited to buy them. Sure, waves fits also in that "they're cheap when being on sale" catgeory; but they at least have that bonus of being quiet usable without knowing rocket science. That's why I also bought Bass Rider and Vocal Rider instead of MAutoVolume. Yes, it's cheap when being on sale, but the waves ones work out of the box without much setup. And (I don't know why it sometimes feels like playing lottery with Meldaproduction plugins) the waves ones produced reliable results. MAutoPitch vs. Autotune speaks for itself. For my personal preference I bought HOFA Analyzer instead of MMultiAnalyzer and I use their Blindtest vs. MCompare and it's the only time in these examples I prefer the free or cheaper plugin over an expensive one.

Reselling melda plugins is a nightmare too regarding audience and license fee. I can understand that, probably knowing your plugins are getting sold more 2nd hand than at the store :D

Yet I regularly demo new MProducts, maybe there's a hidden gem at some point. But seeing the progress in terms of sound or usability, chances are low I'd buy something there again. I figured out that the cheapness is a eyecatcher at first, but that more expensive stuff (compared to Mplugins) actually works and I can achieve something with them.

Totally legit DSP quality, stability, super flexible routing, oversampling, modulation, and metering. Great prices with infinite updates. That's what I like about them. Not much bothers me about them.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

fairlyclose wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:58 am
whyterabbyt wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:34 am
noiseresearch wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:54 am
briefcasemanx wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:45 am I have mxxx and I haven't used it once. I don't even know how I'd use it without turning the source sound into chipmunk space aliens.
:( You may want to sell your license :P
Ive tried, multiple times. Its impossible, IMO, unless you basically want to give it away for nothing.
yeah their plugins are very hard to sell secondhand. I have n o idea why because the pricing is compleely transparent so it is pretty easy for someone to see if it is a good deal or not. Ia've been trying to sell their guitar looper thing for ages with no luck at all. I wonder if anyone ever buys it from Melda sometimes given how hard it is to sell even when cheap.
That's part of what I meant when I said I don't like their pricing scheme. You can't make individual discounted bundles, high transfer fee, this rotation sale is really a madness. Especially the bundles are not for me as in every bundle there is like 50% for me useless tools. But still MXXX and Sound Factory are on my list.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

I just checked what it would cost me to get MXXXCore plus the plugins I would like to have in it. MXXXCore included I would get 25 plugins for 377€. 50%Edu discount plus 50% for buying 25 or more plugins. Still a bit pricey and I don't necessarily need the plugins as single instances. Well maybe one day...

I have MXXXCore + about 12 plugins. I bought 3 just for MXXX.
I rarely use it. I built a "stereoizer" type unit with it that i couldn't find elsewhere and it works ok, but chugs CPU pretty quickly when you start building stuff.
It's fun, but also a bit cumbersome.
Also you can't just use MXXX because then your mixer looks like MXXX and goodluck finding which does which (not a melda limitation, logic limitation. still)

Ploki wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:58 am I have MXXXCore + about 12 plugins. I bought 3 just for MXXX.
I rarely use it. I built a "stereoizer" type unit with it that i couldn't find elsewhere and it works ok, but chugs CPU pretty quickly when you start building stuff.
Also you can't just use MXXX because then your mixer looks like MXXX and goodluck finding which does which (not a melda limitation, logic limitation. still)
Wouldn't use it for mixing. Sounddesign only. I'm not super happy with BYOME/Triad hence I would like to have another modular effect box. Kilohearts is not my cup of tea. Maybe I should rather look for something like DDMF metaplugin...

noiseresearch wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:12 am
Ploki wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:58 am I have MXXXCore + about 12 plugins. I bought 3 just for MXXX.
Wouldn't use it for mixing. Sounddesign only. I'm not super happy with BYOME/Triad hence I would like to have another modular effect box. Kilohearts is not my cup of tea. Maybe I should rather look for something like DDMF metaplugin...
I mean… bitwig, cycling max (can host au/vst), kushview element, new sonic arts freestyle.
Depends on how deep you wish to go, but none of these will lock you into melda ecosystem.

Oh for modular fx also boom library enrage

i only have the free bundle but to me they sound great. I have not updated though so cannot do anything about the GUI but tbh i have no need for anything fancy since its just 'set and forget' anyway
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

"What so great about Melda"

If you are turned off by the GUI than there's nothing to talk about.

Amateurs uses their eyes instead of ears to mix and they spend more $$ for GUI that looks cool instead of sound and option to customize and tweak ability.
To me that's what Melda is 😉
Check out some of my latest mixes and remixes:https://soundcloud.com/thinkmusic007

Skyfall72 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:08 am "What so great about Melda"

Amateurs uses their eyes instead of ears to mix and they spend more $$ for GUI that looks cool instead of sound and option to customize and tweak ability.
yet another for the 'foe' list

Skyfall72 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:08 am "What so great about Melda"

omg you're such a f**king PRO.
:clap:

Mmorph is sick... a nice mystery box that pumps out creativity for me. I use the freebies here and there.... have an urge to support them (like a soft spot for them) mainly due to my love of mmorph...

Interesting thread and discussion. Thanks, all. I learned a lot about a company that never really popped on my radar.
We shall see orchestral machines with a thousand new sounds, with thousands of new euphonies, as opposed to the present day's simple sounds of strings, brass, and woodwinds. -- George Antheil, circa 1925 ---

Return to “Effects”