Xfer OTT - alternatives?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I tried it but it's such a fierce compressor that IMO you need to fine tune the settings quite a lot, and I just found the GUI so small...it was almost unusable without utterly destroying a mix. If it was redone, I'd consider paying for such a comp. I definitely wouldn't use it on everything. It's a bit like smashing a walnut with a steamroller...not much of the walnut left after you've cracked the shell.

that's why you have a "depth" knob on it.

in any case, sounds like MO-TT is what you're looking for

The compressor section in Infiltrator is this sort of up down multiband design as well. Good for squeezing little glitchy details out of sound.

SamDi wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:51 pm 1.) Melda MDynamicsMB has to processors per band, thus you should be able to set upward and downward compression at the same time.
MDynamicsMB has a device/preset called "Over & Under" which does simultaneous upward and downward compression with 3 bands, but it uses the transformation shape curves.

The upcoming PA Sculpt might be a good OTT alternative, it's probably not multi-band though. Waiting for it's release and ultimate price drop

Tested the demo, it's not multiband.
It's decent tho. Not an OTT.

ok my search ended, new OTT version with new UI and scalable UI! yeehaw! :)
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I d/l OTT from Xfer today. I'll give it a looksee later. Truth be told, I'm REALLY liking Adaptr's Sculpt, so I'll see if OTT is just as good, or as some folks say, better.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

DMG Multiplicity has an "OTT Revisited" preset by bManic which I actually think works better than OTT.
You are currently reading my signature.

djanthonyw wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:26 pm DMG Multiplicity has an "OTT Revisited" preset by bManic which I actually think works better than OTT.
Maybe make a new product out of that preset and call it "OTTcity" ?... :ud:

Caine123 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:01 pm ok my search ended, new OTT version with new UI and scalable UI! yeehaw! :)
I'll have to have another look. Too small to be usable in the version I tried. I would definitely consider using it if it was bigger than a thumbnail...

you should be happy, as the default 100% size when it first started was actually too large to fit on the 2560x1600 pixels 13" screen of my laptop
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

yeah, i use it at like 50% size now. :D

Mark ‘Spike’ Stent is using it on his mix bus in a lecture/ demonstration on YouTube, with the depth at just 2% , I find this setting can inject a lot of energy/ excitement into a mix if you need it, without totally destroying it:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ZfPaepcRsyY&feature=share

Around 13 mins 35 seconds

Anyone any idea where TF OTT installs itself? I d/l'ed the 1.35 latest version, installed it and can't find it anywhere. Did it twice to make sure I didn't miss something but it didn't even give me any option of where to install it. It just tells me it's installed but fuctifino where. f**king stupid installer that one is... :roll:

It's not in my proper common files->VST3 folder. Not in the VST2 folder (but I didn't check the VST2 option anyway - I don't want VST2 plugins). Not in any of the Steinberg folders I could find (and there's quite a few of those buggers). What a dumb installer.

Return to “Effects”