Ableton Live Suite vs Bitwig Studio - included SAMPLES?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Best samples included?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:12 pm

Ableton Suite
89%
Bitwig Studio
11%

Total votes: 35

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Which DAW do you think has the best included sounds? I am thinking about the included samples - loops, one-hits etc here.
This is a serious post 8)
No but really - i mean seriously. :pray: :tu:

What do you think?

Live has more sample content... no question.

Live. Not even close.
Last edited by Yorrrrrr on Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sample content is one of the few areas Live Suite genuinely blows Bitwig out of the Water.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Spencer Maddox wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:17 am Sample content is one of the few areas Live Suite genuinely blows Bitwig out of the Water.
:lol:

Got any more jokes you care to share with the class?

First: I don't care about samples my DAW comes with. Second: there is no "what you think" here unless we play a who's closer to a number game. However, how about comparing it by yourself? You can decide about the indicators by yourself: plain file count, weight in gigabyte, delivered instruments, et cetera
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

Kinh wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:08 am
Spencer Maddox wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:17 am Sample content is one of the few areas Live Suite genuinely blows Bitwig out of the Water.

Yeah, Said what I said, I'm not wasting my time doing the whole "Bitwig vs Ableton" thing bud, sorry.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Just in general the sound content in Ableton is just far superior in every way to Bitwig. Not only is the library significantly larger but it seems to hit more targets in-terms of genre or types of sounds. So it's not even really a contest.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro // Ableton // Reason // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

yes, yourself
dedication to flying

rod_zero wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:15 am

yes, yourself
That's an interesting point you make but explain to me this, if I can buy beans, oysters and prawns at the supermarket then why can't I buy toilet paper in the same aisle?

noiseresearch wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:21 am First: I don't care about samples my DAW comes with. Second: there is no "what you think" here unless we play a who's closer to a number game. However, how about comparing it by yourself? You can decide about the indicators by yourself: plain file count, weight in gigabyte, delivered instruments, et cetera
Hay noiseresearch.
I'm curious in others opinion on the matter. I'm having Live Lite since a long, long time and just from today - Bitwig 8 track.

Add all available free samples, and Live will only surpass Bitwig by 000.1 %. If this would be the main concern, I’d just take any free DAW and add all free samples. It won’t be cheap in terms of hard drive space you’d need. But sorting samples is now easy and free with Waves Cosmos…(comes also with a lot of samples…)
Btw. Bitwig just added an orchestral sample pack to its collection, there is only a paid one for Live as far as I see it…

Tj Shredder wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:38 pm Add all available free samples, and Live will only surpass Bitwig by 000.1 %. If this would be the main concern, I’d just take any free DAW and add all free samples. It won’t be cheap in terms of hard drive space you’d need. But sorting samples is now easy and free with Waves Cosmos…(comes also with a lot of samples…)
Btw. Bitwig just added an orchestral sample pack to its collection, there is only a paid one for Live as far as I see it…
Plus Moss has the utility he made for converting Sampler formats...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”