How would I generate a pattern like this?

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
pre55ure
KVRer
Topic Starter
2 posts since 29 May, 2011

Post Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:39 pm

Hi all,
I am new to RC, just downloaded the demo and will likely end up purchasing the full version. Looks like an amazing piece of software.

I have long played around with designing (and coding) generative sequence ideas on a number of platforms, and yet I cannot figure out how to do (what seems to me) a relatively simple idea in RC. Hoping someone here can help me figure this out.

What I would like to be able to do:

1. Generate a pattern of straight 16th notes. (C3)
2. add random scale offsets to approximately 30% of the notes. (the other 70% stay at C3)
3. add a randomized octave offset to approximately 10% of the notes.

Ideally I'd also like to be able to set certain notes to never be offset (such as step 1)
Thats it.

I can't figure out (if possible) how to generate something like this RC.
Any thoughts?

Return to “MusicDevelopments”