One Synth Challenge #157: FB-7999 by Full Bucket Music (Taron Wins)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FB-7999

Congrats to the winners!
I' ve enjoyed this round discovering this emu-synth based on the Korg from the 80s, thanks Björn for making it possible. I also have tryed Fury800 based on Poly800 and I'm thinking to buy a second hand unit from a guy near here.
And thanks for this challenge that keeps me on the scene.

Congratulations everyone! A lot of great talent here! I think I avoid participating just so I don't have to vote.

Taron wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:02 am
I keep saying that music really is communication above all else. Just how everything is frequency, everything really is information, finding itself and forwarding by its nature. There really is no "substance" at the end, but a constant growing of understanding and demonstrating by means of frequency, harmonic relationships, intervals in both scale and time. What we do, really, is a lot of self-discovery, playing with the intangible. Everyone of us is reaching for different things. Some with greater consciousness, others guided completely by subconscious notions and ideally we manage to accept and take advantage of both. In a way, we all still have to learn not only how to speak, but discover the poetry of our honest truth.
To some this may actually be akin to archeology, having lost touch with that truth for a long time. But with every track we make, we really dig deeper and find more of all the buried treasure within!
I like that, thinking of creating music as a process of self-discovery. I think anyone who makes the decision to make art and artful communication as the center of their lives is bound to find him or herself at the center of their creation. But its a process of growth too. I realize I have a long way to go before I can make the music that lies at my center.

Taron wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:22 pm Hoh, no way, that's awesome! Thanks, everyone! :hug:
Congrats to Jasinski, for 1st place, too, and the remaining top5ers! :clap: :hail:
Well done Taron. Nice piece :D
Also Treeheated, Milkster, and Merlin

I'm good for prizes this month too.

Congratulations to the top fivers. Great stuff. Same goes for many many others this month. Great stuff! I had a wonderful voting session. So many thanks to all for this enjoyable evening I spent listening to our music. And.... Happy Easter! We live in difficult times but let's not forget to celebrate happy moments so every now and then.

Congratulations to the winners (I had Taron and Dr.Bob on top) and to all participants! It's amazing to see (hear!) what different approaches bring out of the same synth!
The only pity to me: I got the feeling, that I improve with every round I participate, as I learn from you. But you all improve too, .... ;-)
Thank you Richard for doing the effort and give us this great possibility ... not only once or twice, but every single month!
And of course thank you Björn for your great work. I remember, when the DW8000 was presented but it was too expensive for me that time.

I am not sure if you know how it feels when one of your babies is the subject of such a fantastic OSC... I can tell you that it is overwhelming! :oops:

So congrats to the winners and a big THANK YOU to BJ and Richard and all you great participants! :hail:

Cheers, Björn

FWIW, when I said
ELEX wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:50 pm I think it does ! Music making always feels to me more like archeology than some forceful act of creation. Like I'm just brushing off something that was already there. In that deeper reality ? Or am I just an old person rambling now ? Who knows ? If anyone does, don't hesitate to speak up ! :wink:
in no way did I mean to refer to looking to the past. What I did refer to was to the notion that 'new' things in music are perhaps as much 'discovered' as they are 'forged', if you will. For example, even when Bach wrote baroque, funk was already existent in the
Taron wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:02 am ...means of frequency, harmonic relationships, intervals in both scale and time...
Just took a little while for someone to realize and uncover it.

And no losing of touch is involved. With truth nor honesty. For any length of time.
Taron wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:02 am ...In a way, we all still have to learn not only how to speak, but discover the poetry of our honest truth. To some this may actually be akin to archeology, having lost touch with that truth for a long time...
Implying there is, implies complacency and arrogance in turn. And is insulting to boot. You're good , I'll grant you that. But not that good.

Full Bucket wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:39 am I am not sure if you know how it feels when one of your babies is the subject of such a fantastic OSC... I can tell you that it is overwhelming! :oops:

So congrats to the winners and a big THANK YOU to BJ and Richard and all you great participants! :hail:

Cheers, Björn
We can't THANK YOU enough for providing all these great synths for FREE! :tu:

And probably without the connection from your website to here I might have never heard of and joined the One Synth Challenge, which finally brought me to finish and publish songs after many years of working in private and without a real goal. So it will always be special to use one of your synths in my songs.

Happy Easter!

ELEX wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:13 am
Taron wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:02 am ...In a way, we all still have to learn not only how to speak, but discover the poetry of our honest truth. To some this may actually be akin to archeology, having lost touch with that truth for a long time...
Implying there is, implies complacency and arrogance in turn. And is insulting to boot. You're good , I'll grant you that. But not that good.
Hey, hey ELEX, I apologize, if you find this insulting. It's not meant that way. Life on Earth is challenging and there isn't much encouragement to many people, when it comes to following their hearts. We try to do our best, but often land on a path that isn't ours, gradually losing touch...yadda, yadda. And when we claw our way back, we may go through many uncertainties before we get back in sync with our own beat. It's not an insult, but an affirmation and congratulations to all those, who choose that journey.

Oh, crap, I just realized, NO, I didn't mean YOU by "to some", but rather jumped on your use of the word archeology. Rather as a "funny" nod. :dog:

Hmmm...I still haven't worked out when to shut up. I'm certainly not good enough at that just yet. :scared: wisdom-> :smack: <- me

Taron wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:41 am Hey, hey ELEX, I apologize, if you find this insulting...
...Oh, crap, I just realized, NO, I didn't mean YOU by "to some", but rather jumped on your use of the word archeology. Rather as a "funny" nod. :dog:
Ah...a misunderstanding of a little shift of meaning there. Understood now, no problem.
Taron wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:41 am ...Life on Earth is challenging and there isn't much encouragement to many people, when it comes to following their hearts. We try to do our best, but often land on a path that isn't ours, gradually losing touch...yadda, yadda. And when we claw our way back, we may go through many uncertainties before we get back in sync with our own beat...
True.
Taron wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:41 am ...It's not an insult, but an affirmation and congratulations to all those, who choose that journey.
I'll join you in congratulating those who choose that journey, if I may - can't have too many who do. And take this little exchange as a reminder to keep trying to continue on that journey myself.

And regardless of any hurt feelings ( on my part, I hasten to add, ) it's nice to see the magic word 'community' getting some substance in this here thread. :tu: to all who contributed to that. :)

IV! wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:39 pm My personal favorite is RockingRicky, this is in the best sense what you expect to hear from a synthesizer!
:oops: Uh, thanks ...

Congrats to everyone putting effort and heart into this tracks. :clap:
Thanks to Björn, Richard and Brian :tu:

I can't resist adding what I feel and think while reading conversations like these. Why do so many people need to search for deeper meanings behind something as simple like sheer emotion? Or beauty. Art. Well within this context it's about music. One can simply just enjoy it. Shed a tear or be happy, become nervous or whatever? Why archeology and dusting off deeper and forgotten meanings or truths? You know.... all these words. To me it feels as if those are not about music itself. It reads as if it's all about searching for deeper meanings related to who we are and want to become. To validate our existence. But music itself doesn't need that. It's just what it is. And we don't need it either. We are just who we are. I would like to break a lance for enjoying ourselves and the things we love for what we are, for what it is. There is no meaning. There are no underlying truths. There is love, light, energy, happiness, beauty. And their counterparts are there as well. And that's it. When I make music I just want to live the music. Enjoy it. Express my self only through music. To me this is the roadmap towards depth (and hights) that works for me. Hahaaa! I hope my words will arrive as an addition to the things you believe in. It's not meant to critisize anyone's beliefs at all.

Good morning,
(Bad English)
I’m third from the end for my first OSC. :ud:
I am far from being a pro and it makes me want to continue doing OSC to improve myself. Maybe one day I’ll be in the top five. The design of OSC is motivating.
In reality I made my song in a few days and I neglected the equalization and mastering (in which I am very beginner) and I used mainly basic presets of the synth.
I’m happy because my favorite song from OSC#157 is in the top 5. 8)
Finally, my vote is not representative of the final result, I was surprised to see that tracks I had placed high, were found at the bottom, and vice versa.

Have a good day and see you soon

Full Bucket wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:39 am I am not sure if you know how it feels when one of your babies is the subject of such a fantastic OSC... I can tell you that it is overwhelming! :oops:
Thank you for providing this software. I enjoyed working with it and as a programmer myself I know how much work you put into this. Amazing!

Besides that: Congratulation to everyone! Many of the songs with 3 points are my personal favourites. So it really does not matter how you score, it matters how you touch the heart of other people by getting frequencies resonating with our souls and bodies! :D

Regards

Return to “Instruments”