How much money have you spent on plugins?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Two Lamborghinis and one Mitsubishi

Around 5k$. About 1000$ worth of plugins I do not use anymore.
But now I think I am covered for life, I do not even check what’s next new shiny plugin is out there cause I have all grounds covered.

YnJ wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:46 am Two Lamborghinis and one Mitsubishi
Wow it is fantastic money. Do you spend only for Plugins or you also spend on hardware?

termux wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:28 pm
YnJ wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:46 am Two Lamborghinis and one Mitsubishi
Wow it is fantastic money. Do you spend only for Plugins or you also spend on hardware?
Mostly on prostitutes

This year, I have spent over $2000 on plugins, but I made $1600 from selling other plugins and DAWs I no longer needed.

Nipogadzauba wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:55 amnow I think I am covered for life, I do not even check what’s next new shiny plugin is out there cause I have all grounds covered.
I'm just starting to get into that turf. Initially I was trying anything and everything within reason (a lot of free and inexpensive stuff) and now I have a few things where I think "this is so good that even if something comes out that's a little better, I don't care, I don't need it and it's not worth spending time or money on."

Aloysius wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:43 am One million dollars
1 Billion Yen!!!

Zipede wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:54 am
Aloysius wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:43 am One million dollars
1 Billion Ye!!!
isnt one more than enough?
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

hmmm ... let me think

Zipede wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:54 am 1 Billion Yen!!!
So about fifty bucks then?

mixyguy2 wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:23 am
Zipede wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:54 am 1 Billion Yen!!!
So about fifty bucks then?
OK then
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngKT3MIfwpo

I did not spend much. Trying to go the free way as much as possible.
VELIJAH
-------------------------
Soundcloud | PC | SSL2 | Ni M32 | KE 49 | Launchpad Mini MK3 |IK ILoud Micro | Live 11 |
asa

Several thousand I'd say. Mostly everything bought on sale though which always helps.

808fate wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:47 pm Hi, how much have you guys spent on software?
I am a newbie and it seems quite expensive. I am wanting to start with Logic Pro or Ableton Live, but liking Logic more from videos.

Also, how much money if any have you made with music?
Apart from FL Studio, I've spent about $250 on plugins so far. I doubt I will spend much more as I have built a good arsenal of plugins (that I actually need) along with top-notch freeware options. To be honest, beginner musicians (I prefer that term to prods or producers) now have enough great free options to choose from, and make pro quality songs. It's all about the effort in learning different techniques and practice.
Music is the essence of life.

https://www.srvmusicmaker.com/

Easily in the low thousands after going legit and uninstalling every cracked plugin I had.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”