Cubase 12

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Cubase is the only DAW that behaves like this in Wndows! Live and S1 behave like expected in Mac OS and in Windows, why not Cubase?

The strange thing is back to old versions in Windows (v5 or 6) It was a mother window and its children. If you close the main window (not the projects) it closes everything, i.e like expected. So, why they changed it?! Stupid decision IMO.

Googly Smythe wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:28 am Besides, seems like every Windows program ignores Windows interface guidelines these days. Look at DaVinci Resolve.
During the war... Sorry, on my old Atari I remember a text editor where the developer decided that the standard order of menus was wrong, so he decided to reverse the order - the file menu was last and the Window menu was first.
Some programs are still using the Vista open/save dialog.
Some programs have no menu bar at all.
&tc.
During the war :hihi:

Blender is another example of odd menus etc, typically this kind of thing was only seen from old school java application devs.

They could all learn a thing or 10 from the Amiga OS & Octamed, erm, I mean BitWig (ironically made with Java), or Studio One for something closer to Cubase.
Web Developer by day, DAW tinkerer by night...

EnGee wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:49 am Cubase is the only DAW that behaves like this in Wndows! Live and S1 behave like expected in Mac OS and in Windows, why not Cubase?

The strange thing is back to old versions in Windows (v5 or 6) It was a mother window and its children. If you close the main window (not the projects) it closes everything, i.e like expected. So, why they changed it?! Stupid decision IMO.
Now that would have been what I expected, and they took it out, wtf lol

EnGee wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:49 am Cubase is the only DAW that behaves like this in Wndows! Live and S1 behave like expected in Mac OS and in Windows, why not Cubase?

It still does that ?
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

EnGee wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:49 am Cubase is the only DAW that behaves like this in Wndows!
It's actually the only software I know which does it that way on Windows. Downright weird.

thats very strange. In all the years Ive never seen that happen before. You sure its a cubase issue? Cause I dont have that!

astralprojection wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:25 am thats very strange. In all the years Ive never seen that happen before. You sure its a cubase issue? Cause I dont have that!
All my work software, BitWig, studio one 5 etc are fine, windows doesn't have this behaviour baked in. If there's a way to turn it off and restore normal behaviour, I have no idea how

https://youtu.be/p7NOwX9Dkag

LeVzi wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:31 am

It still does that ?
Oh, it seems it still do that now! Sorry! But you need to remember that if your project is maximized (i.e covers the main bar, then you need to unmaximize it and close the main window bar), or otherwise, get used to close it twice to get rid of that bar.

MegaPixel wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:29 am
All my work software, BitWig, studio one 5 etc are fine, windows doesn't have this behaviour baked in. If there's a way to turn it off and restore normal behaviour, I have no idea how
I like the way the window slowly slides down the screen at 00:31, like it's embarassed and wants to escape!

I love more the fact, that after minimising Cubase, I have to click icon twice, sometimes three times to get it back on the screen. Because number of clicks is sometimes two, sometimes three, often I'm ending up with opening and minimising it back.
As I work with many different programs and windows at the same time, this "original" behaviour of Cubase is really annoying.
I also remember times when Cubase was behaving like any other Windows app. Apparently this is an improvement.

I don't get any of these issues, so i'd assume its hardware related.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

LeVzi wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:15 am I don't get any of these issues, so i'd assume its hardware related.
How did you get cubase to be locked with the menu bar? See video above.

Concerning Cubase Pro 12 with Windows 10 home, the vst 2 are still compatible?

Trancer wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:22 pm Concerning Cubase Pro 12 with Windows 10 home, the vst 2 are still compatible?
I'm on Win10 Pro & Cubase 12 Pro, it says: Please Note: 32-Bit Plugins are no longer supported, and there is a huge block list. However I think it's ok with 64 Bit VST 2.4 plugins as I have added Ana2 vst2.4 64Bit and it's working fine.

With Cubendo 12 and earlier, vst2 work on both windows, and mac intel computers as before.

I always have my project window enlarged full screen and it docks to the larger cubendo space.
I guess as a primarily mac user I don't really have an issue with how it works at all.
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”