Illusions (。♥‿♥。)~♪.☆゚

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I played around with some THX effect in a few places, and Shepard Tone near the end in this track. I think the mix still needs a few finishing touches. If anyone hears any, I would greatly appreciate if you'd let me know.

https://soundcloud.com/eassae/868a/s-ZlIP1RBZNN6
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

Good stuff. Nice sounds, good mix. I wish there was a little guiding melody that develops out of the little melodic fragments featured in the middel part. In part 3 there is a short trumpet thingy playing. Maybe that could take over the leading role coming out of the middle part and gives some melody guideance ... just my 2 cents

] Peter:H [ wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:08 pm Good stuff. Nice sounds, good mix. I wish there was a little guiding melody that develops out of the little melodic fragments featured in the middel part. In part 3 there is a short trumpet thingy playing. Maybe that could take over the leading role coming out of the middle part and gives some melody guideance ... just my 2 cents
That makes sense. Something I've really been considering lately is the continuity in my songs. I got in this mode of treating the structure almost like a scratch DJ circa 2000—a lot of cuts and movement, treating melodies like samples—but recently I've been feeling like I should move towards something a bit more cohesive.

Thanks for listening and chiming in Peter:H.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

eassae wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:28 pm That makes sense. Something I've really been considering lately is the continuity in my songs. I got in this mode of treating the structure almost like a scratch DJ circa 2000—a lot of cuts and movement, treating melodies like samples—but recently I've been feeling like I should move towards something a bit more cohesive.
I'm on the same journey like you :-) In my case ... I'm a sound nerd ... I love sound, I seek unique new sounds ... but I'm not good in writing songs and while nerding for the next "cool" sound I forget taking care about strucure. That is feedback I often get. But hey, if we'd be perfect already then there's nothing new to learn :-)

] Peter:H [ wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:33 pm if we'd be perfect already then there's nothing new to learn :-)
True that :hug: :)
eassae.com

Very intricate. The sound field is nicely done and easy on the ears. I enjoyed the listen.

margaret0547 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:40 pm Very intricate. The sound field is nicely done and easy on the ears. I enjoyed the listen.
Thanks margaret0547 :tu:
eassae.com

Return to “Music Cafe”