Is TrackComp 2 by DMG Audio the best compressor?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TrackComp 2

QCGroove wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:41 pm8)
Who would've thought that this post made me come back to KvR just to say I'm officially excited about TrackWarmth. TC2 has been my goto since I bought it like 2 years ago.

Dave I'm ready to beta test it. Count me in!

EDIT: meh fake news

Aaaa, too bad. But, if I remember correctly - I believe Ive read on gearspace forum long time ago that Dave is really working on a track series saturator? Hopefully, its true.

@QCGroove
wyl.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pretty sure it was just a few pages back in this thread that the DMG developers recommended using TrackComp with max threshold as a saturator. Maybe it's an allusion to that trick.

Picking up on the user interface discussion, I recently bought a 27” UHD display, and Trackcomp is looking a bit small on that, especially some of the fonts. A scalable UI would be most welcome.

fese wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:09 pm Picking up on the user interface discussion, I recently bought a 27” UHD display, and Trackcomp is looking a bit small on that, especially some of the fonts. A scalable UI would be most welcome.
It is scalable/resizable. In the lower right corner is the handle.
This was added in version 2.

dermage wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:15 pm
fese wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:09 pm Picking up on the user interface discussion, I recently bought a 27” UHD display, and Trackcomp is looking a bit small on that, especially some of the fonts. A scalable UI would be most welcome.
Huh? Doesn’t work here, neither in Cubase nor VSTHost. Updated to the latest version 2.0.5.
Works with TrackDS and TrackControl, though, as there’s the handle which is missing from TrackComp.

fese wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:28 pm
dermage wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:15 pm
Huh? Doesn’t work here, neither in Cubase nor VSTHost. Updated to the latest version 2.0.5.
Works with TrackDS and TrackControl, though, as there’s the handle which is missing from TrackComp.
Definitely works here. VST2 and VST3.

My suggestion: search your PC and delete all instances of TrackComp2.dll and TrackComp2.vst3 then reinstall from scratch. There's likely an old version in a folder somewhere that Cubase is seeing and ignoring the more recent version.

Maybe you disabled OpenGL in the registry?

Mercado_Negro wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:07 am
QCGroove wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:41 pm8)
Who would've thought that this post made me come back to KvR just to say I'm officially excited about TrackWarmth. TC2 has been my goto since I bought it like 2 years ago.

Dave I'm ready to beta test it. Count me in!

EDIT: meh fake news
HcDoom wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:38 am Aaaa, too bad. But, if I remember correctly - I believe Ive read on gearspace forum long time ago that Dave is really working on a track series saturator? Hopefully, its true.
Yeah, they confirmed they're working on it multiple times but there's no ETA or anything.

(Obsolete)
Last edited by fese on Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dermage wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:02 pm Maybe you disabled OpenGL in the registry?
That was a good hint. I definitely didn't disable it, but there was a "OpenGL: 0" value in the globals key. Maybe something left behind from an older version.
I changed that to 1, and now it works. Thanks!

Wheres Dave,its been quiet lately

It's the second best imo.
No kidding, it's a simple marketing trick.
Devs like Softube and DMG and a few more keep their prices high, even on sales or maybe no sales at all and your mind tells you plugins must be good.
They are good, but the best?
DMG can give you great results, but if you do not know how to use compression, DMG won't make it either and there are other cheaper compressors that will make it, too.
DMG comp wants to be versatile, that's what not every comp is.
To me the policy, mindset, support and updating/improving have become more important, so there are devs who can release whatever they want, I won't buy (any more).

DCrown wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:50 am It's the second best imo.
No kidding, it's a simple marketing trick.
Devs like Softube and DMG and a few more keep their prices high, even on sales or maybe no sales at all and your mind tells you plugins must be good.
They are good, but the best?
DMG can give you great results, but if you do not know how to use compression, DMG won't make it either and there are other cheaper compressors that will make it, too.
DMG comp wants to be versatile, that's what not every comp is.
To me the policy, mindset, support and updating/improving have become more important, so there are devs who can release whatever they want, I won't buy (any more).
I agree.
When I pay premium i expect:
- first and foremost reliability
- prompt updates (i.e. M1)
- good and quick support when something goes wrong
- good CPU usage (reasonable within processing methods obviously)
- good and fast UX
- and yes, mindset. I don't like the cheap capitalistic super-sale approaches.
- I expect tools i can simply use and they don't get in the way and work flawlessly at all times.

IMO DMG audio absolutely checks all of those, and i'd get them if i weren't so used to Fab as my go-to

Return to “Effects”