V Collection updates (MTS-ESP) - get V8 now or wait for V9?

Official support for: arturia.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am considering crossgrading from Pigments to V Collection for the first time, but I'm wondering about the difference if I do it now compared to when V9 is released. One of my main interests is the MTS-ESP microtuning support, which appears to be gradually being added to the individual synths in the collection.

If I purchase V8 now, and later during V9 an update gives MTS-ESP to more synths, will that update apply to the synths I have still under the V8 license?

If not, then perhaps I will prefer to wait for more MTS-ESP enabled synths during V9. Although the special price now is $150, I suppose later during a sale for V9 it will be $200. Is it a reasonable deduction to figure that it will cost less at $200, compared to paying $150 for V8 now and later upgrading to V9 for I'm guessing $100?
Thanks.

i think you should get it now becuase prices are getting lower. but as the 9th verzion will be released it will go back up

To get the same price with V9 will need 1.5 years approximately… (if at all…) V9 might have around 4 more instruments. You can do the calculation on price per plugin yourself…

seems to be a good deal even with to come V 9 release.
if the update price from V8 to V9 will be as well $99

Thanks guys, I did get it after all. I got a response elsewhere that future updates do apply to previous V Collection versions so that sealed the deal for me.

Karljazz wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:01 pm seems to be a good deal even with to come V 9 release.
if the update price from V8 to V9 will be as well $99
FWIW, my upgrade price is $149 (and I bought SQ80 on my own; maybe I should ask about the price as perhaps it will end up a bit lower due to my purchase.)
“Madness, as you know, is like gravity: all it takes is a little push.”

$99 upgrade may be the occasional sale price, deducing from past sales.

ericzang wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:02 am $99 upgrade may be the occasional sale price, deducing from past sales.
I hear you, but after talking to a very kind rep about this, I think with two new synths, two new "player-type" synths (my description, not theirs), 4 reworks, and pretty significant number of patch banks, $199 is about right for this ($149 for me only because of my previous purchase of SQ80.)

I certainly could be wrong, but I don't think that we're going to see $99 on this anytime soon, if at all. The intro pricing ends sometime in June, I think.
“Madness, as you know, is like gravity: all it takes is a little push.”

Return to “Arturia”