Arturia V Collection 8 Stupidly Cheap Offer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

The email is a week old, I just discovered it in my Junk folder, but Arturia are offering Pigments owners the V Collection 8 for $149. I know 9 is probably not far away but that seems like a desperate price to me. I'm trying to think of reasons not to buy it but I have to admit I'm struggling to keep my credit card in my wallet.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Personally, I like a lot what Arturia is doing and $149 is a crazy price for a very good quality instruments. I have upgraded from VC 7 to 8 for $99 and found it a bargain even though I already have Jup 8 v4! So I got Emulator II V, Jun 6V, OB-X V and updated version of Stage-73 V. Let's not forget the V7 instruments already there! I think it is the best deal out there :)

BONES wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:07 am The email is a week old, I just discovered it in my Junk folder, but Arturia are offering Pigments owners the V Collection 8 for $149. I know 9 is probably not far away but that seems like a desperate price to me. I'm trying to think of reasons not to buy it but I have to admit I'm struggling to keep my credit card in my wallet.
If you are going to be happy with v8, that seems like a fair price and won't be much lower.
https://soundcloud.com/arturia-official ... re-magonia

However I am afraid that the v8 --> v9 upgrade price will be much much higher until a major sale comes eg. black friday. I started saving up anyway, healthier than buying cigarettes.

I jumped. Crazy low price.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Seems to be a pattern to it... My crystal ball says V9 is just round the corner and will be a nice full price upgrade for v8 owners!

Edit: Its not to take away from how good the instruments are, they're great! Its just disappointing that I keep seeing the above happen.
Last edited by dineshk on Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

davidka wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:02 am However I am afraid that the v8 --> v9 upgrade price will be much much higher until a major sale comes eg. black friday.
Yes, that’s how it works with Arturia. Every company has their own sales policy. Without fail, everyone bitches at the upgrade prices when a new release comes out from Arturia - today it’s Modo Bass. Wait a year or two, it’s crazy cheap.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Yes, that is a great price and I'd say it's a no brainer for any plugin synth enthusiast.

I think I paid $269 for V8 about 6 months ago during some sale, and have no regrets. It's a pretty substantial collection of various synths, and I haven't even gone through all of them yet and I've owned it for a half a year.

If I'm honest, I have no interest in at least half of the collection and there is a very big difference between an enthusiast and a collector. At this price, though, you really only need to be interested in two or three of them for it to be a bargain so I will probably bite the bullet and do it.
noiseboyuk wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:49 amYes, that’s how it works with Arturia. Every company has their own sales policy. Without fail, everyone bitches at the upgrade prices when a new release comes out from Arturia - today it’s Modo Bass. Wait a year or two, it’s crazy cheap.
If that really is their strategy, it's pretty dumb. If I buy v8 today, why would I bother upgrading to v9 in a month or two? I'm far more likely to wait for v10 in a year or so, when I'm bored with what I got today and the upgrade price seems more reasonable.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

dineshk wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:48 am Seems to be a pattern to it... My crystal ball says V9 is just round the corner and will be a nice full price upgrade for v8 owners!

Edit: Its not to take away from how good the instruments are, they're great! Its just disappointing that I keep seeing the above happen.
If somebody insists on having the latest, greatest shiny new thing that just got released then that person is going to have to pay for that privilege.

If somebody is not willing to pay for that privilege, then that person can simply wait for a while and eventually they will find a good deal, as we see in this thread here.

BONES wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:07 am
noiseboyuk wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:49 amYes, that’s how it works with Arturia. Every company has their own sales policy. Without fail, everyone bitches at the upgrade prices when a new release comes out from Arturia - today it’s Modo Bass. Wait a year or two, it’s crazy cheap.
If that really is their strategy, it's pretty dumb. If I buy v8 today, why would I bother upgrading to v9 in a month or two? I'm far more likely to wait for v10 in a year or so, when I'm bored with what I got today and the upgrade price seems more reasonable.
Ah no. If you wait for v10 to be released, you’ll pay full whack. Unless you wait another 2 years AFTER v10 is released, when you’ll get a really fantastic deal.

This policy clearly works for them or they wouldn’t do it.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

150 EUR for the V Colletion means 5,357142857142857 for each instrument.

You wouldn´t even get Zebras tail for this price.

No Brain :dog:

I jumped on this a few days ago. I too thought that I wouldn't like many of the synths but it turns out the ones I wasn't really interested in have become my favorites. This being the Synclavier, the Fairlight CMI and the EMU samplers.

I'm also surprised at how good both the Matrix 12 and the OB-Xa can sound. Unfortunately they modeled the weird noise floor of the Matrix 12 so it's not possible to reliably underdrive the filters and such, thus it's a bit stuck in being constrained sounding (something I feel with almost all of Arturia's synths.. it's as if the filters and other component models within the plugin are pushed a bit too hot).

Anyhow, for 150 euros I've been more than happy with the compromises. I still think Arturia has quite a way to go when it comes to analogue emulations but the overall package is not bad at all. I also really like the Piano V when NOT used as an actual piano (which it's mediocre at best).
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

I managed to get a used license for Aruria Collection V5 on KnobCloud for $42. It has more than what I need, and I don't know if it is worth upgrading to V8. I have a feeling that it is better to wait for V9 and get it for a good deal during the summer or Black Friday sale. I have no interest in most of the newer plugins.

Arturia offers me V8 for 250 while I have their intro lab only (I got it with their minifuse interface for free). in addition they adding Patchworks soundbank to this offer for free too.
So 250 instead of 700.

I know I have to bite the bullet.

$149, that's a good deal, well worth it considering how many single synths cost about the same. It would be hard for me to not buy it for that price. I paid more, and am happy with it.

Return to “Instruments”