One Synth Challenge #158: Surrealistic MG-1 Plus by Cherry Audio (MilksterX Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Surrealistic MG-1 Plus Synthesizer

Congrats Milkster and winners!

Hey Milkster, would you be willing to share your settings for the voice that almost sounded like an actual voice, coming right after the telephone beeps in the beginning?

Rahodees wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 12:31 pm Hey Milkster, would you be willing to share your settings for the voice that almost sounded like an actual voice, coming right after the telephone beeps in the beginning?
Ah you liked my little alien 👽 voices, thanks! It's a drum rack device I made in bitwig with about 10 different instances of MG-1 some are layered together on different drum pads. Each instance is a short random boing-ing noise in the 1-3 khz range and I've broken those noises up with short little bursts of filtered noise and then they're all put through long plate reverbs in convology XT with lots of different fades to glue them back together again. The presets on their own probably won't make much sense I spent ages trying to make little bits that sounded like various syllables and getting something that didn't sound like just a s&h lfo so had to think outside the box.

Congratulations to the winners. I guess top 8 is not too bad for myself too with only 10 points off 5th. I must have slightly different tastes to the majority as some of my top 5 didn't make the top 10. And those that won were probably not in my top 10 (but could have been as I voted a while ago). I hope everyone will be taking part in the next one.

MilksterX wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 2:15 pm
Rahodees wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 12:31 pm Hey Milkster, would you be willing to share your settings for the voice that almost sounded like an actual voice, coming right after the telephone beeps in the beginning?
Ah you liked my little alien 👽 voices, thanks! It's a drum rack device I made in bitwig with about 10 different instances of MG-1 some are layered together on different drum pads. Each instance is a short random boing-ing noise in the 1-3 khz range and I've broken those noises up with short little bursts of filtered noise and then they're all put through long plate reverbs in convology XT with lots of different fades to glue them back together again. The presets on their own probably won't make much sense I spent ages trying to make little bits that sounded like various syllables and getting something that didn't sound like just a s&h lfo so had to think outside the box.
Shit like that really impresses me. I'm very glad you won!
Captain Silverpants

I thought I was smart for putting together two voices to make one drum.

Congrats to the winners!
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

Congratulations to everyone! I've just sent off an email to get the information on the winners and their choices so that we can add their choice of prize to their Cherry Audio account.

And @The Sound of Merlin : Greg, I'll have some of what you're having because good fortune is on your side this week... you also just won one of our Bob Moog Foundation raffles today :o

Again, congratulations to everyone and thank you from all of us at Cherry Audio for showing off the Surrealistic MG-1 in so many varied and extraordinary ways!
Robert
--
Robert Saint John; Director of Marketing @ Cherry Audio

Return to “Instruments”