How to hear sound in RC??

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I've watched a number of videos and I'm at step one and I'm stuck, lol.

I've added soundfonts (in case the shipped SFs weren't working, but that doesn't seem to be the issue), and I've done an audio test under Settings > Audio and I heard the sine wave.

But when I play the MIDI file that I imported I hear nothing. I've tried changing the soundfont instrument but still no sound. I'm excited about using this software so I'd love to get past this point. Hopefully one of you out in forumland have a hunch on a solution?

Thanks!

SG

Hi SG,

I think the reason you don't hear audio is that the instruments used by the imported MIDI are neither soundfonts nor VSTi plug-ins.

There are 3 types of instruments you can use. The first 2 generates audio, the 3rd one does not:
- soundfont (e.g. the included RCPiano or GeneralUser GS-RC soundfont)
- VST instruments (at the moment only VST2 but soon VST3 too)
- MIDI (e.g. GeneralMIDI): this does not generate audio, only sends MIDI events to a MIDI port. This is useful when sending MIDI to an external software or hardware synth or DAW through a virtual MIDI cable.

I suspect you have set a 'MIDI' instrument.
Make sure you choose a soundfont instrument for the track:

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

It is probably that the midi that was imported is using the wrong channel. RC will use channel 1, so, the midi might be another channel.

Yes, good idea. If you highlight "Use GM Soundfont" on the Import MIDI page, instruments will be set up according to the MIDI program with a GM soundfont.
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”