Korg Collection 3 now has VST3 and Silicon support!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KORG Collection

Actually so Far it is only M1 that has crashed.. I had saved a default preset using Cubendo system, removing that, it seems more stable now on mac.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:11 pm From what I just experienced I dont' think you want it :).

They are consistently inconsistent.

Korg's Vst3 on cubase is very buggy. M1 just opened with no sound loaded.. loading a preset, brought cubase crashing down.

rsp
They seem to be working in Bitwig on Windows.

zvenx wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:11 pm Korg's Vst3 on cubase is very buggy. M1 just opened with no sound loaded.. loading a preset, brought cubase crashing down.
I guess they didn't even betatest the VST3s on Cubase at all? That's the only feasible explanation for this disaster.

All fine here in Cubase 12. What I am doing wrong?

The GUIs also don't work on Renoise.

This is what the M1 v2.3.0 displayed for a GUI on Cubase 12 after being launched on an M1 Max under Monterey 12.3.1 under Rosetta:
Opening M1 in C12 Rosetta.png
It didn't crash C12, just a display of cc controllers.The stand alone version does work Natively, though. However in Logic 10.7.3, the results were quite dismal:
Logic Plugin Manager.png
Multiple refreshings didn't help. This was enough to put me off attempting to update the Tritons, Wavestation and Odyssey for now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
On a number of Macs

All the native versions working fine here, AU, in Logic, on M1 Pro Monterey 12.3.1 (obviously Triton Extreme isn't native yet).
No problem in Logic under Rosetta either. Everything validates just fine in Logic 10.7.3.

beely wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:33 pm All the native versions working fine here, AU, in Logic, on M1 Pro Monterey 12.3.1 (obviously Triton Extreme isn't native yet).
No problem in Logic under Rosetta either. Everything validates just fine in Logic 10.7.3.
After reading your reply, I used the Unistaller to remove the freshly re-installed M1 v2.2.1 version, followed by a re-installation of v2.3.0.

Now, everything works as expected. Logic sees it natively (and it works fine) and Cubase 12 sees it under Rosetta and works fine. Same thing with the new version of Wavestation. Both stand-alones work natively. I can only take a guess that the Uninstaller does something that fixes/prepares the update. Initially, I did not use the Uninstaller and simply ran the updaters. Korg might want to addend the installer package ReadMe to suggest this installation procedure.

I guess the lesson I learned here is: use their Uninstaller app first before proceeding with the updates.

Now to see how the Tritons updates go.
On a number of Macs

I think it's more likely that the uninstall/reinstall process informed the system of updates to the plugins, so it updated the cache with the new plugin data accordingly, rather than old out-of-date info as it hadn't recognised the new versions of the plugins on the system yet...

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:24 pm Looks like there's a 1.40 release for Odyssey. Is that Mac only? I don't see the "Upgrade" option in Korg Software Pass yet but did see the M1 and Wavestation updates.
Apart from their not being a vst3 for Arp Odyssey currently, the vst2 version is now renamed as Arp_Odyssey.... so I now have two vst2's.. Arp Odyssey and Arp_Odyssey.

rsp
sound sculptist

Iva wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:00 pm All fine here in Cubase 12. What I am doing wrong?
Same here Cubase 12/Intel Mac mini/macOS Monterey.
Didn't get a chance to actually play them this morning after upgrading them before work, but just fired it up as soon as I clocked out and all three VST3s of mine are working as they should (M1, Mono Poly, Wavestation).

Teksonik wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:00 pm
Examigan wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:45 pm Some are actually 50% off (Arp, MS-20, etc.) but not all of them.

Also the Collection isn't really 50% off:
Normally $399.00 but for now its $239.00
The collection would be a good deal at $239 but the frustrating part is that I already own the Wavestation, M1, PolySix, MS20, and MDE-X plugins and there is no allowance for already owned plugins.
I have a similar problem! I have all the plugins you have + Mono/Poly + Odyssey, but I'm not qualified for a discount because they are not a collection!

I'm thinking if $239 is ok for 2 synths and a workstation (Prophecy, Triton and miniKorg). I don't know! Mostly I will pass, especially that I just bought a new nVidia card (3070), so I can't squeeze my pockets anymore!

I think there may be something wrong with the Arpeggiator in the v1.4.0 VST3 version under Monterey 12.3.1/Rosetta on Cubase 12. All the controls seem to be snapping back to default positions if you attempt to adjust them. The older v1.3.0 VST2 version works correctly. The v1.4.0 .component version works correctly under Logic 10.7.3 natively.
On a number of Macs

Iva wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:00 pm All fine here in Cubase 12. What I am doing wrong?
Have you tried opening old Cubase projects that used the VST2 versions? I get an instant crash in Cubase Pro 11 when trying to do that. Also, MDE-X opens with a generic GUI. This is on Windows.

Sahul wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:27 am Just tested the latest v2.30 of M1, Wavestation and MDE-X. The new VST3s seem half-baked and cause different problems in Cubase Pro (Windows):
- Old projects crash the DAW on opening.
- Loading of .vstpresets saved with former versions else doesn't work (Wavestation) or crashes Cubase (M1).
- MDE-X opens without GUI.

So if you use Cubase, be aware. I had to delete the KORG VST3 folder to work reliably. Fortunately, the v2.30 VST2s don't seem to be affected by these issues.
The new M1 Wavestation MS-20 Polysix Monopoly vst3 all seem to be working fine for me on Cubase 12 Pro, Windows 11.

I did find that I had to reload presets in an old project though.

Later I find you're right, old projects either don't load the presets or crash cubase on project load, but after a clean load of the vst3 and clean load of the preset it seems fine.
Last edited by Rod Staples on Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
i7-9700, 32GB, 2TB Nvme, Win 11, Live 11 Suite

Return to “Instruments”