How to delete motive to "free" space for max 8 slots (I am in Melodya)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
fcarosone
KVRer
Topic Starter
7 posts since 17 Nov, 2007 from Italy

Post Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:11 am

Excuse me for the silly question, I am rather new in Melodya.
I drag'n'drop a short midi file into Melodya's interface, and it's seen as one motive. My midi is a melodic phrase with a ABACAD structure. I put the cursor at the end of my first A, and split at connection. Motive A is created, and Melodya calls the rest B: well done. I put the cursor at the end of my B section, split at connection, my B is called motive B my Melodya and the rest C. Fine so forth. I go to the end of my second A section, split, and melodya calls it C and calls the rest D. So I go in the upper part of Melodya's "C" motive and say to Melodya that it is actually A, exactly equal to the first A, by clicking in the A buttons. But then, my section C is called motive D, I may go on, and Melodya will create motive E and F, the result is that I don't use melodya's C motive. How can I delete the unused C motive so that I have more space for variations?
Thanks

BluGenes
KVRian
1420 posts since 15 May, 2017

Post Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:52 pm

musicdevelopments
KVRAF
4758 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Post Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:49 am

Thanks, BluGenes for the reply but that removes a section, not a motive (letter).

It was not possible to remove unused motives simply because I have not thought of that.
Today I added a new menu item in the context menu, and uploaded Melodya v1.3.2:

The same will appear in RapidComposer v4.3.4 which can be downloaded now (official announcement on Monday).

Thanks!
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Innovative music software for creative musicians - home of RapidComposer, Melodya, Syne and Fyler (NEW!)

BluGenes
KVRian
1420 posts since 15 May, 2017

Post Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:50 am

Now I see.. thanks!

fcarosone
KVRer
Topic Starter
7 posts since 17 Nov, 2007 from Italy

Post Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:21 am

AMAZING answer!! I am suprised and delighted. Thanks a lot, PRO user feedback! Indeed the new feature is needed because we have a 8 motive limit, while we can create more than 8 sections.
I midi-record a melody, then double it in my DAW and drag it to Melodya. By splitting existing midi I soon reach the 8 motive limit, since a new motive is generated automatically at each section split.
I adore the musical rules that makes me transform the second part by transpose, invert, shift etc and get to a musical result quick. I prefer much this, over the frustrating browsing of infinite midi loop collections (like the nasty advertised Unison), or spending one afternoon by clicking repeatedly the button of a only-random-generator (like Audiomodern Riffer), which I did in the recent past. I use your dice (constrained- light random gen), but mainly you have musical rules inside, and that's beautiful, quicker and leaves me in control. I'm spreading the word in youtube video comments..

musicdevelopments
KVRAF
4758 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Post Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:11 am

Thanks for your kind comments! :)
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Innovative music software for creative musicians - home of RapidComposer, Melodya, Syne and Fyler (NEW!)

Return to “MusicDevelopments”