switch from studio one to cubase 12

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I find the new Cubase midi remote feature incredibly useful. I'd go as far as saying its the biggest boost to my Workflow I've ever seen through any single upgrade or crossgrade between DAW's. Does Studio one have a similar way to build a customisable midi remote...?
My milkshake brings all the girls to the yard

http://soundcloud.com/the-boogee-man

Yes, albeit not that comprehensive.

https://s1manual.presonus.com/#Control_ ... 257C_____0

How's the CPU usage with Cubase 12?

It's tight bro. Tight.

Jokes aside, I'm sure it won't be much different to former versions. At least I didn't read "Improved CPU performance" as a new feature of Cubase 12.

chk071 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 3:33 pm It's tight bro. Tight.

Jokes aside, I'm sure it won't be much different to former versions. At least I didn't read "Improved CPU performance" as a new feature of Cubase 12.
Yeah. When a new release comes out usually that will get mentioned somewhere. That's why I was asking for those who use it.

There are no improvements to performance besides that now silence is a bit shorter when a new plugin is loaded.
Yet some people were reporting that C12 is smoother and they have better performance.

When I used to use Cubase, I’d always stop playback before adding or removing plugins, otherwise it was a sure way to cause a crash. Most things crashed Cubase. I think working with it for as long as I did gave me PTSD.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

@jamcat - I agree! These unstable DAW's can make you a nervous wreck. Even to today I do quick, non-conscious Control Saves after each change even if it's minor.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

pixel85 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 5:01 pm There are no improvements to performance besides that now silence is a bit shorter when a new plugin is loaded.
Yet some people were reporting that C12 is smoother and they have better performance.
I think some of the improvements are coming from legacy components being ripped out of the code.

I expect them to standardize around MIDI Remote in the next couple/few releases. I think more vendors will get on board with that. It's definitely one of the biggest workflow improvements in Cubase Pro 12, especially the Quick Control auto-mapping to the knobs on the controller.

The issue is there simply aren't really that many supported controllers, and building one is really annoying. I feel like it works far better when the controller manufacturer builds it - similar to how they tend to do a far better job mapping their own software/synths to the controller because most virtual instruments do not document what MIDI CCs they use very well (HALion and Massive do, for example, so mapping their QCs to any MIDI Controller is trivial - but there is no soft pickup for non-endless encoders).

The OOTB support for Novation strikes me as slightly weird, since Novation is known as being very biased to Ableton Live and Bitwig... something that pushes a lot of people to buy controllers from other vendors. Maybe they just sent out a notice to most vendors and Arturia and Novation were two of very few who actually decided to invest the time to build scripts for their products.

If I said you are blocked, I won't see your posts. Please kindly refrain from quoting or replying to me.
"Notifications for Nothing" are annoying. Blocking me in return is a good way to avoid this.

Yeah I don't know why since it wasn't list in the changelog but Cubase 12 runs way smoother on my system than my previous version 10.5 did. Also, I just purchased the Novation Launchkey 25 MK3 after seeing they added Cubase integration and got to play with it over the weekend. Really surprised at how well the integration was implemented. Its a great Cubase controller.

jamcat wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:17 pm When I used to use Cubase, I’d always stop playback before adding or removing plugins, otherwise it was a sure way to cause a crash. Most things crashed Cubase. I think working with it for as long as I did gave me PTSD.
S1 4.6 crashes if I remove a track with Stutter 2 on it while playing. Trash 2 was also causing my projects not to open. A major PITA. Well, I uninstalled Trash 2 and will uninstall Stutter 2.

k

soulata wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:20 am
jamcat wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:17 pm When I used to use Cubase, I’d always stop playback before adding or removing plugins, otherwise it was a sure way to cause a crash. Most things crashed Cubase. I think working with it for as long as I did gave me PTSD.
S1 4.6 crashes if I remove a track with Stutter 2 on it while playing. Trash 2 was also causing my projects not to open. A major PITA. Well, I uninstalled Trash 2 and will uninstall Stutter 2.

k
You could also... just stop playback when you remove it. :)

chk071 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:52 am
soulata wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:20 am

k
You could also... just stop playback when you remove it. :)
Wait! WHAAAAT?

In the last day I have tried to get my old Novation Remote 25 mk1 to work in Studio One Pro and Cubase 12. No go. I watched Gregor videos, and the guy in the Cubase 12 video, and still no go. But I remembered that just recently I bought a Humble Bundle which included Mixcraft 9. I had the Remote 25 up and running in minutes with that DAW without looking at any videos,and even though I am entirely new to that DAW.

What exactly do you mean with "up and running"? Setting the keyboard up as a generic MIDI controller is surely as easy as in any other DAW.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”