When do you think Logic Pro 11 will come out?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I feel like out of all the major daws Logic has one of the slowest updates. I wonder if we see Logic 11 soon it’s been almost 10 years since Logic X

After Logic Pro 10.9?

BTW, it’s no longer “Logic Pro X”, it’s just “Logic Pro” now, so there’s no guarantee that Apple will call it “Logic Pro 11” or “Logic Pro XI”

And slowest updates? Are you out of your f’ing mind? :nutter: It’s had a ton of major updates in almost every year since it’s release.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Apple doesn't feel the need to play marketing games with their apps. There's been plenty of points along the way where they could've split it into a new version and charged everybody another $200 but they just been adding content and fixing 10 for almost a decade now. How are they slow to update the thing? It gets updated just as often if not more than any other major DAW.

It's big updates, also. Things like the nearly 100% full featured step/pattern sequencer and updates to Alchemy are fantastic updates they made in v10 itself.

mothra wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 4:12 am It gets updated just as often if not more than any other major DAW.
Thats what I was going to say when I first read the OP. I wonder what OP is waiting for. It gets updated regularly, more often than a lot of DAWs, and 10.5 was a big enough update that it was basically like a full number update. I honestly cant think of what else I'd need or want out of logic, except maybe fancier plugins. Or if you really want to go there, more AI assistants to help you make music or mix (because we all know things are going this way in general, so I expect to see it in Logic)

But I digress...it's very, very solid these days and is easily one of the more impressive DAWs out there right now.

Logic has had plenty of updates, including a very major, huge update not that far back in time. I haven't even gotten around to playing with the grid/ableton like mode yet, I guess I'm more of a linear fan.

I'm still on Mojave, so I can't use the very latest version of Logic, but I don't mind, Logic is working great for me. I don't need every latest little feature for me to make music.

I probably don't even use half of the features that are currently available, but I get shit done, and that's what counts in my opinion.

I don't care about Logic 11 or 12 or whatever. When a new update comes, I'll download it if it's compatible with my current system, but I'm certainly not waiting around or eagerly anticipating any updates. The best time to make music is in the present with whatever tools you happen to have.

I'm glad that Apple owns Logic, because I highly doubt that anybody else would have gone this many years and kept all updates and major updates free.

Logic has had a major update every year since LPX came out. Sometimes even two within a year if they have something to sell (like a new Mac). There isn't universe where Logic Pro updates are slow.

I don't think Apple will do an LP11. Apple's goal is to lock users in to their software update cadence and new versions of Logic sometimes require new versions of macOS.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

tuesday, next week.

vurt wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 3:15 pm tuesday, next week.
What time?
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

12ish.

apoclypse wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 1:47 pm I don't think Apple will do an LP11. Apple's goal is to lock users in to their software update cadence and new versions of Logic sometimes require new versions of macOS.
I would assume that by dropping the "X", Apple plans on continuing to simply call it Logic Pro, but the version number will likely hit 11.xx at some point. Who knows what will happen at that point, but Apple has obviously abandoned the industry standard integer-value point release for major updates in lieu of first or second decimal place numbering for its point releases. So, there's no reason to believe (or not) that 11.x will be anything other than another amazing and free update to Logic Pro.

vurt wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 3:20 pm12ish.
Got it. Setting my countdown timer for 12ish... in every time zone.... for noon and midnight...

Synth Master Jedi wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:03 am I'm still on Mojave, so I can't use the very latest version of Logic, but I don't mind, Logic is working great for me. I don't need every latest little feature for me to make music.

I probably don't even use half of the features that are currently available, but I get shit done, and that's what counts in my opinion.

I don't care about Logic 11 or 12 or whatever. When a new update comes, I'll download it if it's compatible with my current system, but I'm certainly not waiting around or eagerly anticipating any updates. The best time to make music is in the present with whatever tools you happen to have.

I'm glad that Apple owns Logic, because I highly doubt that anybody else would have gone this many years and kept all updates and major updates free.
IMO though you touch on the one downside to Logic, it's the only DAW on my systems out of a half dozen that locks the last couple versions out of Mojave and my old Mac Pro. That's the rub though, updates are free if you are OK on an older version, or upgrade your computer every 5-6 years.

machinesworking wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 4:26 pm IMO though you touch on the one downside to Logic, it's the only DAW on my systems out of a half dozen that locks the last couple versions out of Mojave and my old Mac Pro. That's the rub though, updates are free if you are OK on an older version, or upgrade your computer every 5-6 years.
I don't see this as a downside. I think Apple has found a reasonable balance of managing the technical debt of older code and more fully embracing the use of evolving technologies.

logicfixbrowserplz wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 2:27 am I feel like out of all the major daws Logic has one of the slowest updates. I wonder if we see Logic 11 soon it’s been almost 10 years since Logic X
WTF; Apple has been updating Logic regularly and the latest update was released just days ago ;)
Not sure what you want?! Just a version number change? Or ar you are just ignorant, trolling or oblivious to latest Apple updates…?!
PS; “10 years ago”. Are you kidding?!
How old is your Mac and when was the last time you’ve checked for updates in App Store…
… ignorance is a bliss…

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”