Audio Damage Axon v1 (the free legacy version)--anyone using? A few things I can't figure out

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Axon1

When I record to midi, it generally only records three or four of the voices, even when all seven are actually playing while recording. I am not sure what I could be missing--seems like it would be as simple (in reaper) as sending midi from the axon track to another track, having that other track record output (midi), and hitting record. Any idea, though, what I could be missing that would cause some of the axon's voices to lay down to midi and others not?

Pitch assignment for the voices seems really wonky, possibly simply bugged on my laptop. It looks like you're supposed to click and hold on the pitch and drag the mouse to change the pitch, but when I do this the pitch moves wildly and unreliably--sometimes moving not at all, sometimes moving an octave or two in an instant. Could I possibly have the method wrong? (I can't find a way to simply type in or keyboard-increment the pitch.)

And finally: I can't get the delay to do anything at all. I seem to be able to adjust all the settings as I please but none of them have any effect on what I'm hearing.
Last edited by Rahodees on Wed May 18, 2022 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

The revised Axon demo is now on my FX list and I'll be testing it out but, while we're here--do you know of any other plugins (free or real cheap) that do something similar to produce complex polyrhythms?

These are not drum plugins per se. But you can use via MIDI to trigger any other Drum Machine or samples.

https://www.hornetplugins.com/plugins/h ... generator/
Maybe worth a check. Original price 15€ or so, now 6€.

And the free
https://bedroomproducersblog.sellfy.store/p/hy-esg/

Good luck and have a good day! :)
Last edited by IrionDaRonin on Wed May 18, 2022 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks! I noticed hy-esg is a gate sequencer, I'm still learning about these things, can I do the same things as a midi sequencer with that or is a gate sequencer entirely different?

Return to “Instruments”