Kilohearts Updates the Entire Kilohearts Ecosystem to v2 - Including Phase Plant

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

What are the demo version limitations of Phase Plant and Snap Heap?

Also, how do one go about demoing them? I'm not able to install them using the Kilohearts installer. What an I doing wrong?

StuSmith wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 10:25 am To find out more about Kilohearts v2 read this blog post: https://kilohearts.com/blog/kilohearts-v2-is-here
Dear Kilohearts, is it possible to add the following ability to your Delay and Dual Delay snapins:

The ability to set the delay time all the way down to one sample?

So for instance, if the project's sample rate is 96,000 Hz, one would be able to set the delay time in Delay and Dual Delay snapins to 1/96000th of a second.
Last edited by limitlesssss on Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Interesting. Wouldn't this effectively turn the delay into a phaser?

Currently the lowest delay time in Delay and Dual Delay snapins is 10 ms, not even 1 ms.

1 sample at 96 kHz is 0.0104167 ms or 10.4167 μs.

What I'm asking for is to give us the ability to make the current shortest delay time which is 10 ms about 960 times shorter, (well 959.9999... to be precise).

Sure, I get it, I am just curious about the goal you have in mind.

Purchased Phase plant and bunch of Kilohearts effects incl. snapheap.
One of the best sounding entity.

stoopicus wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:55 am Sure, I get it, I am just curious about the goal you have in mind.
Sound design, creating metallic blip blop.

Interesting. So you'll probably be modulating this and just wanted ~10µs resolution? This does sound interesting to play with.

stoopicus wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:12 am Interesting. So you'll probably be modulating this and just wanted ~10µs resolution? This does sound interesting to play with.
It indeed sounds interesting.

ValhallaDelay goes all the way down to 0.1 ms. 100 times faster than Kilohearts Delay/Dual Delay.

All I'm asking for is Kilohearts Delay/Dual Delay get 960 times faster than its current fastest setting (aka 9.6 times faster than ValhallaDelay's fastest setting).

If the question is, why not use ValhallaDelay, well two answers, one, it cannot be used in Snap Heap, but more importantly, two, I love Kilohearts Delay.

I had a project where I was doing an unusual haas effect mixing strategy thingy, and it would have been useful to have the delay times shorter than 10ms.
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

Yeah I *think* delay in that range actually will mimic Haas effect or phase delay. Could be cool to play with.

>creating metallic blip blop.

So you're saying that you've already experimented with Valhalla at .1ms and you know for sure that .01ms would create the sound you're wanting?

If I could share audio here (and I'm not sure how), I would show what I mean.

Hi KiloHearts, can you guys make the double delay to go to 0.001 ms delay time, it will be nice on amen breaks, thanks.
aliasing plugin owner
:?

Return to “Instruments”