SpinAudio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everybody,

This is Denis. I'm the lead develop and co-founder of SpinAudio and 2CAudio.

I'm considering bringing back SpinAudio products in modern form.
I would like to hear back which of SpinAudio products you guys would like me to do the first and what features do you think would be cool to add.

Former SpinAudio users will get the new updated products for free.

Regards,
Denis

I enjoyed the M2 Reverb a lot back in the days, that's my vote.

There is nothing else like the Precedence - Breeze system...

however I think Precedence has 3 major shortcomings:

1) the positioning field is square-shaped, but nonetheless you put the other controls
on its top and bottom instead of the side.
This absolutely needlessly decreases the screen estate of the positioning field needlessly.
TBH I dunno how you (i.e. 2CA, I have no idea who of you is responsible for this) could come up with such a genius tool and then make a stupid mistake like this - the mind boggles.

2) In most hosts there is no way to automate the postion. Andrew kept arguing that this was because of audible artifacts when tweaking the parameter(s). But this decision has to be left to the user's discretion. Chances are he seeks to automate the panning during a silent moment between song-sections. Again an inexcuseable mistake and far more of a show-stopper than 1)

3) This is the most important one of all: e.g. Reason loads projects without first closing the currently opened one(s).
Many other hosts as well allow having several projects open at once. This would always completely f**k up the instance numbering of Precedence (and Breeze). Is there no way for the plugin to get informed that a new project is loaded? If somehow possible at all A new virtual group of channels should be used in a case like this. Or maybe the plugin could realize that channel (i.e. instance #) 1-n are already in use and thus automatically use a another virtual group? I bet the problem could be solved somehow.

Come up with something in the vain of 3D Panner/Precendence but with these issues fixed and revive your older - great (Room Machine 844 was an amazing freebie and still would be relevant, even as a paid-for plugin) - reverb plugins with the kind of linking PBJ has and you have a real winner.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I cannot make Precedence plug-in exactly as it is as the alg math is completely Andrew's creation, but I can do something like 3DPanner Studio with integration to reverb alg like Aether that has ER (Early Reflections) engine based on positioning in a virtual room. To some extend it might sound even better than current linking to Breeze (which does not have explicit ER engine with virtual position). The other points mentioned are valid and addressable.

2ca wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:43 am Hi everybody,
This is Denis. I'm the lead develop and co-founder of SpinAudio and 2CAudio.
I'm considering bringing back SpinAudio products in modern form.
I would like to hear back which of SpinAudio products you guys would like me to do the first and what features do you think would be cool to add.
Former SpinAudio users will get the new updated products for free.
Regards,
Denis
Hi Denis, welcome back. :)

I had an entire Suite of SpinAudio plugins but since they are 32 bit only I haven't had them installed for quite some time.

I seem to remember there being an EQ, Reverb, Delay, and perhaps others. I remember them being great plugins back in the day.

I'd love to see them updated to modern specs and try them again. I've still got an old 32 bit DAW system lying around. Let me see if it will still fire up again and I'll get the exact list of Spin Audio plugins I had installed. I still have my reg codes somewhere on back up drives.

If you need someone to help beta test the new versions I'd be happy to volunteer...... :tu:

EDIT: Ok the old WinXP system fired right up....faster than any of my current Windows 10 machines. :hihi:

I have serial Numbers for:

RoomVerb M1 1.1
Spin Delay 2.0
FX Designer 1.2
Spin EQ 1.0

I'd love to see them all resurrected. :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Wow blast from the past, still have a copy of virtual mixing console and skin rack somewhere backed up. I think that was from you?

Whatever you do, sending out unsolicited emails to a large group of people, ranting about things that happened between you and a business partner, is never a good idea. It makes you look like a maniac. Stop doing that!
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

2ca wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:29 pm I cannot make Precedence plug-in exactly as it is as the alg math is completely Andrew's creation, but I can do something like 3DPanner Studio with integration to reverb alg like Aether that has ER (Early Reflections) engine based on positioning in a virtual room. To some extend it might sound even better than current linking to Breeze (which does not have explicit ER engine with virtual position). The other points mentioned are valid and addressable.
Not sure how difficult this would be because I have very little knowledge about code but could you not build some sort of framework where other developers could bridge their own verbs into the 3D Panner so those of us already with a nice collection of verbs could use them in 3D Panner, it would certainly make myself want to buy 3d Panner if that was possible and my favourite reverbs could be linked to it, I'm sure others would feel similar.

Do an algorithmic reverb/3D panner where you can place multiple sound sources in specific locations within various acoustic environments, with one or more mic configurations placed anywhere within the space. And make it look nice.

Like this:
Virtual Sound Stage

Support VST3. And Apple Silicon
Last edited by jamcat on Fri May 27, 2022 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Hi

I would just add that it would be great to see the re-emergence of the spin audio products - I have several and making them available again would be cool.

Reverb M2 was awesome. The filters/eqs were super resonant and I never got to try the very unique effect designer thingee and the chorus.

motion fx was great

M2 Reverb was great back in the days.

In general I found the GUI of your plugins very nice and clear at that time.

1) Thanks to everybody for their feedback and suggestions.
I appreciate that. This is important for me

2) for beta-testing please send me a corresponding request to
mdx1358(at)fastmail.com

3) All plug-ins will be re-coded in a modern form. M1/ARM, VST3, AUv3,
Reason Rack, 64-bit. DSP CPU code fully vectorized up to AVX512.
Some of plug-ins might be offloaded to GPU as on option

4) yes VST SkinRack and Virtual Mixing Console (VMC) are from me.
I guess nobody needs SkinRack nowadays but what about VMC?

5) regarding bridging positional information into other reverbs.
The idea is good, the question is if other reverb developers want to support that.
for 2D positioning some hosts provide such information to plug-ins which can be used
by reverb developers already

6) A virtual acoustic environment where you can place multiple tracks has been
on my list since SpinAudio times. Virtual Mixing Console version 2.0 was
planned in 2005 to house that 3D positioning and Virtual Acoustic Environment

7) Any vote for 3DDelays?

8) Should I re-create old GUIs as an option (as a skin)?

and please make any off-topic posts to respective threads.

2ca wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 4:41 am 8) Should I re-create old GUIs as an option (as a skin)?
Yes definitely :tu:

Return to “Effects”